2018 Skate Canada Ladies Free Skate | Page 30 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate Canada Ladies Free Skate

sk8ath

On the Ice
Mako got a better PCS in FS than Liza (which I think is fair but the gap should be larger)

moriel

Record Breaker
ouch, a ! and a e for Zhenya
Still not convinced that 2 lutzes in FS is a good strategy

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
She was way overcompensated with her pcs. Give me a break.

To be honest I have no idea what you're going on about, Liza had a program, it might not have been YOUR cup of tea, but it WAS a program. It had a step sequence, it involved skill.

You're acting like she went out there and did NOTHING but jump. She might not have the best skating skills out there, but they are better than a 6.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Hey, did you know that this is a year of transitions and rebuilding for Canadian figure skating? I had NO idea :dbana:

I would not have known if Rod Black hadn't told me...

Everything I know about skating I learned from Rod.

sk8ath

On the Ice
Wakaba had problems with her edge jump again...
I somehow hope her team will ditch her flip in SP but I realize a flip with edge call maybe a better choice in SP than a popped edge jump

GGFan

Record Breaker
I guess I'll take away the positives: I'm shocked Mako got decent PCS. Well deserved. Usually they would have made her wait. :dance:

moriel

Record Breaker
Congrats to all 3 girls
Liza for dat 3A
Mako for amazing FS
Zhenya for the great comeback

leoleo

Medalist
I love how unpredictable this season is so far! These past seasons i did not bother to stream competitions live cause most of the time it was so easy to guess who would win. This season so far is really exciting! :agree: i missed that

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Evgenia. What more can I say... Love the dress, she won the free, she proved that she can skate a tango, she has nerves of steel. :biggrin: she won the bronze medal. :yahoo:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I'm happy that Liza won but I noticed she is so slooooow compared to Evgenia (and a lot of the other ladies, too).

Sabrina

Record Breaker
What's the meaning of the V at the end of a spin initials? Evgenia had this V for her last 2 spins which were both level3. I've seen that V on and off, but I don't get it.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
A little story from Peas to you guys: When I was 16-7 I really wanted to have Ekaterina Gordeeva as my Russian best friend. It was '88 so the cold war and all but I still thought she was the sweetest and most wonderful skater I had ever seen. I think if I was 18 now I would want Liza to be my Russian best friend. I'd probably be a try hard and get her to tweet me back or something.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What's the meaning of the V at the end of a spin initials? Evgenia had this V for her last 2 spins which were both level3. I've seen that V on and off, but I don't get it.

She didn't get two revs in one of the basic positions. I'll have to go back and figure out what she missed.

frida80

Record Breaker
I like this medal ceremony from Canada. The podiums, lighting, presenters, etc. it's very sophisticated. I'm pretty enthusiastic for the GPF.

colormyworld240

Medalist
TBH Liza was underscored for her 3A in the SP. -1 from some judges, give me a break...

Agree that Liza's SP GOEs were underscored, not just 3A but all jumps. Liza has huge jumps with great technique, but so does Mako; I'd say in the FS her jumps were on par with Liza's best. Mako's GOEs I believe were underscored; 2's and 3's are too little for those jumps. I think she should have won.