2020-21 Japanese Nationals: Ladies' Free Skate | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Japanese Nationals: Ladies' Free Skate

lzxnl

Final Flight
Not a fan of Kihira's LP. It's vanilla, tinkling, elevator music.
As an avid fan of Rika, I have to agree. I don't like her FS music at all. When I first heard it on Twitter, I was more than a little disappointed that she decided to skate to something more vanilla than Clair de Lune. I really enjoyed it when she skated to something that wasn't so princessy, as Beautiful Storm and Kung Fu Piano were what got me following her. Her current short has the potential to be the best ladies' short this season, whereas her free is...average. I'm hoping that she keeps her short and picks something new for Beijing. The Fire Within and Beautiful Storm would be too similar, but The Fire Within and IAoP would be a great mix.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As an avid fan of Rika, I have to agree. I don't like her FS music at all. When I first heard it on Twitter, I was more than a little disappointed that she decided to skate to something more vanilla than Clair de Lune. I really enjoyed it when she skated to something that wasn't so princessy, as Beautiful Storm and Kung Fu Piano were what got me following her. Her current short has the potential to be the best ladies' short this season, whereas her free is...average. I'm hoping that she keeps her short and picks something new for Beijing. The Fire Within and Beautiful Storm would be too similar, but The Fire Within and IAoP would be a great mix.
I like Rika very much, but have felt for some time that she seems unsure with classically placed posture and arm movements. I wonder if perhaps this program was given to her as a development program for her to get more comfortable with the classically trained look a year before the Olympics. She could then perform a more suitable style with the stability of posture and style that you gain from classic training that gives any style of program a more polished look.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
My only complaint about Satoko's program is that there are 3 arabesques (4 if we count the micro one in step sequence). That's too much repetition.