2021-22 Finnish Nationals | Golden Skate

2021-22 Finnish Nationals

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
7 senior men and 5 junior men. I can't remember when there has been so many male skaters or has it ever been. Though the difficulty level is not yet very high, it is going further all the time and when there is real competition to get a medal, it is good for FS at national level.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Juniors have skated their SPs. There were not yet official results for some reason a moment ago, but protocols are up. Top 5 Junior women have done quite well.

Andrea82

Medalist
Big lead for Saarinen after SP. However, she is more than capable of delivering a FS with 2 pops and 3 falls :cry:

Virtanen also comofrtably in the lead in Men

leilaraj

On the Ice
What’s happening with Emmi Peltonen? Why isn’t she competing at Nationals? I saw another girl named Peltonen on the starting list, is that her younger sister maybe?

Andrea82

Medalist
What’s happening with Emmi Peltonen? Why isn’t she competing at Nationals? I saw another girl named Peltonen on the starting list, is that her younger sister maybe?
Emmi Peltonen is third after the SP.

Are you maybe looking at the Junior Women starting order?

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

And to answer the other question, Minja is not Emmi's sister. Emmi only has one sister, and she is called Nelli.

Don't worry, I thought the same when I first came across Minja.

CaroLiza_fan

leilaraj

On the Ice
And to answer the other question, Minja is not Emmi's sister. Emmi only has one sister, and she is called Nelli.

Don't worry, I thought the same when I first came across Minja.

CaroLiza_fan
I‘m an idiot lol I was totally only looking at Juniors.. thank you!!!

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Matias Lindfors who is Viveca's brother, won Junior boys and Janna Jyrkinen Junior Girls. Janna was 3rd at free. Petra Lahti, was 2nd overall and won the free. I have never heard about Petra before so I was curious and checked, she is 13. There are many promising young skaters coming through now.

Lyyli

On the Ice
Yes, we have many promising skaters in juniors. Petra was a great surprise here at least for me. I saw her skate at the Qualification competition in the beginning of October where she scored 121+ points and now she achieved 151+. Great that Matias recovered from his injury and could compete. I think he is so talented and his skating reminds Viveca`s style very much. His FP to Elton John music is great and he also looks very cool in his shiny blue costume with tassels on his shoulders! Also nice that Linnea is getting back on track after her injury, Jenni keeps skating solid SPs and Valtter did well too. After all the moment of yesterday for me was Emmi beautiful SP. She has a unique style and her ability to interpret music is second to none I think.

Andrea82

Medalist
Big lead for Saarinen after SP. However, she is more than capable of delivering a FS with 2 pops and 3 falls :cry:
Saarinen held up. I mean, still 2 falls but no pops
She won with 179 points with Ceder second with 171 and Peltonen third with 168

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I just saw the highlights from national TV. Juulia and Matthias got 195+ overall in FD, I don't understand ice dance so much so I cannot say was this overscored or not, but for IMO it was best ever I have seen from them. Linnea was beautiful to watch and it is a pity she did not have any good international competition earlier in the season, and so she did not get spot for Euros. But with clean skates Jenni and Emmi can keep two spots, maybe they can do it someday in both SPs and FSs.