2021-22 Russian Pairs' Figure Skating | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Pairs' Figure Skating

skated011

On the Ice
I don’t think T/M will go for worlds. This was the competition to close their career. They did everything they could and M/G were still breathing down their necks.
they didnt mention any retirment after the event
they also competed at Worlds after 2018 Olympics

I think they will go, maybe take a break or announce whats to come after.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I don't think Rusfed had to push M/G that much. They scored 151.80 in the FS at Worlds 2021, and 154.95 here (I think the Worlds skate was better, but both were clean). Being World champ, plus being so consistent can both make scores rise. Like they definitely politicked for them, but M/G also made it very easy for them to do.

Jasira

Mishki and Queen Anna
Medalist
Country
Germany
Everyone has their oppinions, depending if you like a skater, or not. I was surprised that T/M were so close to M/G in the technical score, because Evgenias landings weren´t stellar. Of course, they deserve higher PCS than M/G, but they usually don´t score as high in the technical score.
And I find it very surprising (and not right) that T/M got higher PCS than S/H. So we can say that Russian federation pushed for T/M as well.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Everyone has their oppinions, depending if you like a skater, or not. I was surprised that T/M were so close to M/G in the technical score, because Evgenias landings weren´t stellar. Of course, they deserve higher PCS than M/G, but they usually don´t score as high in the technical score.
And I find it very surprising (and not right) that T/M got higher PCS than S/H. So we can say that Russian federation pushed for T/M as well.
I'm not sure who pushed whom, but it was interesting to see that three judges put S/H as first in the free, three T/M and three M/G.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
But the scores in the FS were so close to each other I don’t think it matters that much. But surely it must be a bit disappointing for both Russian pairs that skated clean and had to stay 2nd and 3rd. I don’t see a problem with it, but it surely must be a bit of a bummer. Again, the result was not that far off, it was really a small difference. Even between second and third.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I am sure they are disappointed, but I don’t think they had any expectations of winning over S/H on home ice. S/H has both the career acknowledgment going for it and sentimental advantage of the only host gold medallist potential. I mean, this is Olympics and figure skating 🤷‍♀️

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Klimovs team in Sochi is also good
He is using Stoloba/Klimovs technique just look at Rakhmanin/Akopova
Yes, they are really good! Hope to see them get GP events next season :giggle:
Is it just me wondering why the Fed wants to exhaust their Olympians by sending them to Channel One cup before worlds? If it's for ratings surely you'd schedule it for after worlds, or perhaps showcase the depth of russian figure skating and give opportunities to those (pairs) who aren't assigned to major ISU competitions?

Jasira

Mishki and Queen Anna
Medalist
Country
Germany
I'm not sure who pushed whom, but it was interesting to see that three judges put S/H as first in the free, three T/M and three M/G.
Actually, I am fine with M/G being third. It will motivate them to improve even further. Galliamov said that the judges showed them where they have to improve and that they will work on it. And that´s the right attitude. They are only 20 and 22 years old and have so much time left.

Last edited:

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
(Rumour) New pair - Kadyrova/Kolesov
Was expecting Kolesov and Akhantyeva to break up after this season as it went badly for them and its their last junior eligible season but was not expecting Kadyrova and Balchenko to break up as other than the nationals results they had a good season.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Oh, I loved K/B, and I am not a fan of Kolesov, but if they work together, let’s wait and see.

I just wanted to rave how good all 4 pairs were in Skate Saransk Team. I wish Russia considers just pairs only competition. ❤️

LadyB

Record Breaker
For fans of Sliusarenko's Start Team:
Three of them in action today and tomorrow in the T.A. Tarasova Cup in Perm.

Ardashova/Semenov
Romanova/Nazarov
Chikmareva/Yanchenkov (my personal faves)

Homepage: https://fsrussia.ru/sorevnovaniya/6...evnovaniya-na-prizy-ztr-t-a-tarasovoj-22.html
Schedule: https://fsrussia.ru/files/docs/comp...prizes2122_competition_schedule_upd260322.pdf
Entries/Results: http://xn--80abvmfh6h.xn--p1ai/perm/event50/index.htm

Stream 28.3.: https://xn----ttbaaqaie5ba.xn--p1ai/competitions/events/119/
Stream 29.3.: https://xn----ttbaaqaie5ba.xn--p1ai/competitions/events/119/