Some rumours are confirmed:

Kostiukovich/Briukhanov have split

9UGE5dl.jpeg

Akhanteva/Kolesov have split

And Kolesov 'moved to St. Petersburg'.

hanca

Record Breaker
There are more rumours.
Pleshkov skates with Boyarintseva. Boyarintseva skated with Shagalov, who seems to have retired. Pleshkov skated with Pepeleva, who is taking a break (she said taking a break, but considering that she can’t land jumps any more, it may be a permanent break).

Geinish/Mironov split up. Geinish is with Chigiriev. I would love to know with whom Mironov is! He was the stronger partner.

Kostiukovich was skating with Sviatchenko, but apparently Sviatchenko is now with Maria Pavlova in Sochi, so it might have been just a tryout with Kostiukovich and it didn’t work out.

Maria Pavlova was skating this past season with a Hungarian guy, Balazs Nagy. If they split up and she is now with Sviatchenko, could they skate for Hungary? I guess it depends whether she already managed to get Hungarian citizenship.

Last edited:

hanca

Record Breaker
Unless they had a very strong partner for him…for example, if the gossip about Pavliuschenko/Khodykin split up are true, then I could see why Mironov may think that Pavliuschenko has more potential than Geinish. Geinish was still quite young and no one can guarantee what would happen when puberty comes. She could end up tall like Petushkova, or lose her jumps like Pepeleva and Kostiukovich…. Whereas Pavliuschenko is definitely post puberty and has stopped growing. But that’s just my thinking. I haven’t heard any gossip about potential partnership between Pavliuschenko/Mironov. As far as I know, it hasn’t been confirmed that Pavliuschenko/Khodykin split up.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Pavliuchenko/Mironov could be an interesting choice, of course if she would really split with Denis. Also, what if he would return to Diana. But that's just my fanfiction :)

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Maria Pavlova was skating this past season with a Hungarian guy, Balazs Nagy. If they split up and she is now with Sviatchenko, could they skate for Hungary? I guess it depends whether she already managed to get Hungarian citizenship.
A very big if on the one hand, but unfortunately possible on the other. Why to split if they had a successful debut season being at Europeans? But again, why didn't Hungarian fed make a substitution for the worlds when disappointed Mark Magyar didn't want to compete anymore and the team Pavlova Nagy still existed? :scratch2:
I hardly believe that she got citizenship. Hungary already had a team to be represented at the Olympics and there was no need to make it for Maria urgently. But who knows.

hanca

Record Breaker
A very big if on the one hand, but unfortunately possible on the other. Why to split if they had a successful debut season being at Europeans? But again, why didn't Hungarian fed make a substitution for the worlds when disappointed Mark Magyar didn't want to compete anymore and the team Pavlova Nagy still existed? :scratch2:
I hardly believe that she got citizenship. Hungary already had a team to be represented at the Olympics and there was no need to make it for Maria urgently. But who knows.
I read somewhere she did get citizenship. So they could skate for Hungary.