2021 Golden Spin of Zagreb: Men's Free Skate | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2021 Golden Spin of Zagreb: Men's Free Skate

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok I could wait no longer. Still have to watch the dance and first half of men.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I haven't even seen the skates yet, but yay Keegan🏅🥇

A class act, and a dynamic skater. And here to cleanse your timeline is baby Wyatt helping Keegan shovel the backyard rink in Alaska:

(hint: look at the shovel :))

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Couldn't watch all of it but so so happy for Keegan. Way to go!

Also congrats to Mozalev and Ma. Like both their skating. And a shout out to Alexandr Selevko who I happened to watch between things.

And Morisi 'Grusia' climbing from 22 to 8 (y)

Now focusing on other winter sports until Russian Nationals :drama:

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I am thrilled that Keegan won, Jimmy got a medal and 2nd in the FS, Morisi had a redemption skate, and Deniss delivered a heckuva interesting FS. A good Men's competition.

BTW, I am ok with Andrei being 2nd- I just can't remember a thing he did other than jump, nor what he skated to, but that's men's skating for you.

MaHa75

On the Ice
Superb Alexander Selevko!
I am very glad! With this result alesksandr confirmed hos olympic spot. I total amount Arlet Levandi has better amount 441 ( 2 best challenger) but Selevko earn the place at worlds and needed to be at least second and he os 439 point! He will miss the europeans but who cares olympivs are more important! So estonian team will be those who earned these places eva-Lotta and Aleksandr Selevko! I am pleased!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Winner of the medal ceremony: Mr Jimmy Ma

He seems just thrilled, like he is having the time of his life. It’s wonderful to see a skater so happy! A little bit of Joy to the World this holiday season.
Just what was in that present?😀

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
BTW, I am ok with Andrei being 2nd- I just can't remember a thing he did other than jump, nor what he skated to, but that's men's skating for you.
He skates to Conquest of Paradise, portraying Columbus’s son who listens to his father’s story. He has detailed and intricate choreography, classy step-sequence and beautiful spins with an adorkable final pose.

It never fails to surprise me when people complain how Russian men only jump, but then ignore Mozalev who invests his heart and soul into choreo and sticks to it no matter what, the same way people complain how Russian men are not stable and dismiss Ignatov. 🤷‍♀️

Mozalev skated similar to Ma, but where Ma was cleaner on jumps, Mozalev was overall more committed to choreography, steps and spins, and with more interesting choices of music compositions suitable for the skater’s personality. I also find Mozalev more soulful of the two, while Ma is uncomplicated. Since this season PCSs win, Mozalev won by a small margin.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It is always true that a performance that enchants one person will be ignored by another. I will try to pay Andrei more attention in the future, but at this point my favorite Russian man is Mikhail Kolyada. Indeed, Misha is one of my favorite of all the men, right along side Jason Brown.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
It is always true that a performance that enchants one person will be ignored by another. I will try to pay Andrei more attention in the future, but at this point my favorite Russian man is Mikhail Kolyada. Indeed, Misha is one of my favorite of all the men, right along side Jason Brown.
I might not like either, but I know what they skate to, because I respect their efforts.

SkatersWaltz

On the Ice
Anyone know what he skated to? SoundHound can't find what it is nor what random piano tinkler played it.
Chopin Nocturne 19 (E minor), Op. 72 no. 1. He wrote it around 1828/29, when he was just 18/19 years old (about the same age, if a bit younger than Selevko). His sister had just died. So sad, really but a beautiful piece of music.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
He skates to Conquest of Paradise, portraying Columbus’s son who listens to his father’s story. He has detailed and intricate choreography, classy step-sequence and beautiful spins with an adorkable final pose.

It never fails to surprise me when people complain how Russian men only jump, but then ignore Mozalev who invests his heart and soul into choreo and sticks to it no matter what, the same way people complain how Russian men are not stable and dismiss Ignatov. 🤷‍♀️

Mozalev skated similar to Ma, but where Ma was cleaner on jumps, Mozalev was overall more committed to choreography, steps and spins, and with more interesting choices of music compositions suitable for the skater’s personality. I also find Mozalev more soulful of the two, while Ma is uncomplicated. Since this season PCSs win, Mozalev won by a small margin.
Mozalev gave much more effort to compose his programme across the ice rink for all the audience. All Ma's jumps were literally placed in the same place of the rink with the same patterns. Mozalev's COmposition was objectively better, being interpreted the way we like it or not. Where Ma was better was skating to the music rhythm.

Last edited: