2021 Lake Placid Ice Dance International | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2021 Lake Placid Ice Dance International

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Aww I just realised there was an Aussie couple dancing here and I missed them.

Did you have a flag for them @moonvine 😉

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Man I need to learn to read.

Also what's all this about? Is this team skating in their own event? :scratch2:
They're listed as having withdrawn on the leaderboard site.

Are they just letting them skate anyway... just for practice or fun? The announcer said the competition had ended, but please await a special performance...

I've never seen this.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I couldn't watch the majority of this live, except for the last two couples, but after looking at the scores and reading some of the comments I think Green/Parsons should consider a coaching change. They are too good, both individually as skaters and together, to be consistently just out of the top. Personally, I thought Carol Lane could give them some interesting things. :cool:

auser

Record Breaker
They're listed as having withdrawn on the leaderboard site.

Are they just letting them skate anyway... just for practice or fun? The announcer said the competition had ended, but please await a special performance...

I've never seen this.
This happened during the Cranberry Cup Junior ice dance comps too. A team withdrew from RD comp but then performed their RD as an exhibition. And the same with their Free Dance. I had never seen this before that I remember before this comp. :)

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Still, nice to see them anyway. But it is a bit strange.
That's how I see it.

Whatever the deal is, it's not objectionable. They didn't receive a score, didn't hold up the event, or scheduling for the next competition.

They skated their program, left the ice, and the zamboni rolled out.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Aww I just realised there was an Aussie couple dancing here and I missed them.

Did you have a flag for them @moonvine 😉
I’m sorry no🥲🥲. There were so many countries I could not get them all. I could easily have spent $150 or more on flags. I am going to collect them a few a month for next year.

ZeldaJo21

Rinkside
Yehor Yehorov is an awesome name :biggrin: I enjoyed his and Molly's dances last season so this will be interesting.
I have been following Molly & Yegor (yes that is how he spells his name) since they were juniors. They seem to have a tight bond and are extremely dedicated to their craft. I enjoyed their rhythm dance but I do foresee for them to come back with a strong free dance as long as they can execute a clean skate! Fingers crossed for a podium finish 🧐