2021 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2021 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Athlete, Ticket Information Announced for 2021 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado (August 26, 2021) - U.S. Figure Skating announced today the athletes that will compete at the U.S. International Figure Skating Classic in Norwood, Massachusetts, Sept. 15-18, 2021. The competition, hosted in Salt Lake City since 2012, returns after a one-year hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic and is being by U.S. Figure Skating at the new Skating Club of Boston facility. The event will include competition in women’s, men’s and ice dance.

The field includes 16 athletes who will represent the United States, headlined by U.S. World Team members Bradie Tennell, as well as the ice dancing tandems of Madison Hubbell and Zachary Donohue, and Kaitlin Hawayek and Jean-Luc Baker. A full list of entrants is listed below.

The event will start with the men’s short program on Thursday, Sept. 16. On Friday, Sept. 17, the ice dance and women’s competitions will begin along with the conclusion of the men's competition. The international event will conclude on Saturday, Sept. 18 with the free dance and the women’s free skate. Official practices will begin on Wednesday, Sept. 15.

Tickets can be purchased on the Skating Club of Boston website.

The U.S. Challenge Skate featuring novice and junior skaters (ladies, men and Ice Dance) will run simultaneously with the international competition, beginning with official practices on Wednesday, Sept. 15 and ending on Sunday, Sept. 19.

For more information regarding the event and schedule, click here.

Confirmed entries as of Aug. 26, 2021 (subject to change)

Women

Valeriia Sidorova (ARM)
Katherine Ona (ECU)
Yi Christy Leung (HKG)
Tara Prasad (IND)
Taylor Morris (ISR)
Yeonjeong Park (KOR)
Jocelyn Hong (NZL)
Alexandra Trusova (RUS)
Gabriella Izzo (USA)
Paige Rydberg (USA)
Bradie Tennell (USA)
Sierra Venetta (USA)

Men
Morisi Kvitelashvili (GEO)
Alexei Bychenko (ISR)
Mark Gorodnitsky (ISR)
Daniel Samohin (ISR)
Donovan Carrillo (MEX)
Christopher Caluza (PHI)
Jimmy Ma (USA)
Maxim Naumov (USA)
Eric Sjoberg (USA)
Dinh Tran (USA)

Ice Dance
Tina Garabedian and Simon Proulx Senecal (ARM)
Andrew Dodds and Chantelle Kerry (AUS)
Laurent Abecassis and Shira Ichilov (ISR)
Mikhail Nosovitskiy and Mariia Nosovitskaya (ISR)
Temirlan Yerzhanov and Maxine Weatherby (KAZ)
Daniel Eaton and Yura Min (KOR)
Gleb Smolkin and Diana Davis (RUS)
Kaitlin Hawayek and Jean-Luc Baker (USA)
Madison Hubbell and Zachary Donohue (USA)
Anton Spiridonov and Lorraine McNamara (USA)
Eva Pate and Logan Bye (USA)

katymay

Medalist
If Trusova manages to get here (and I don't think she will), she better just stay in the US until SkAm is over.

shyne

Final Flight
One week to the event, still no schedule. I emailed the organizer, this is what I get:

Anything information released by U.S. Figure Skating re: the International Classic can be found here. We do not have any additional information at this time.

charmblade

Final Flight
I’m planning to attend at least some of the event but I really need a schedule. I happened to drive by the venue today when I was out running errands and it’s so beautiful I can’t wait to see the inside. Also; has there been any info about parking? I know for Cranberry Cup they warned people to park at the nearby train station and take a shuttle bus but I didn’t know if they’ve said the same thing for this event.

cl2

Final Flight
I’m planning to attend at least some of the event but I really need a schedule. I happened to drive by the venue today when I was out running errands and it’s so beautiful I can’t wait to see the inside. Also; has there been any info about parking? I know for Cranberry Cup they warned people to park at the nearby train station and take a shuttle bus but I didn’t know if they’ve said the same thing for this event.
We received this info yesterday through our member email distribution:

"Parking will be free of charge for the duration of the event. If you are not coming to the Club for the competition, please park on the East side of the building and enter through the East Rink lobby entrance."

shyne

Final Flight
We received this info yesterday through our member email distribution:

"Parking will be free of charge for the duration of the event. If you are not coming to the Club for the competition, please park on the East side of the building and enter through the East Rink lobby entrance."
Thanks for the info. But I still don't understand why they don't have a schedule for the competition. It seems so poorly planned.

eterialskating

On the Ice
If Trusova manages to get here (and I don't think she will), she better just stay in the US until SkAm is over.
What excuses are they gonna give not letting Trusova play? She's an internationally known star and one of Russia's most favorite athlete. If they let Russian WTA scrubs to play in the US Open then there should be no problem doing the same for Trusova.

shyne

Final Flight
What excuses are they gonna give not letting Trusova play? She's an internationally known star and one of Russia's most favorite athlete. If they let Russian WTA scrubs to play in the US Open then there should be no problem doing the same for Trusova.
Why would Trusova travel all the way to another continent and compete in a senior competition that three days before athletes suppose to arrive, still have TBD on the competition schedule? She is better off training at home I guess.

Forgive me if I sounded sour. I already have tickets purchased and plan to drive for 4 hrs to see Trusova's performance. Just disappointed there's no schedule so I can't plan for my much-anticipated trip.
:bang:

kalbi

Spectator
Senior Women's short is 9/17 at 6 pm
Senior Women's FS is 9/18 at 7:57 pm

Why would Trusova travel all the way to another continent and compete in a senior competition that three days before athletes suppose to arrive, still have TBD on the competition schedule? She is better off training at home I guess. Forgive me if I sounded sour. I already have tickets purchased and plan to drive for 4 hrs to see Trusova's performance. Just disappointed there's no schedule so I can't plan for my much-anticipated trip.
:bang:

katymay

Medalist
The problem was the US embassy in Moscow, but it has been resolved, thank God.

Magill

Record Breaker
I wonder whether any of you know if we can hope for some streaming / recordings of the event? Or is it just too much to ask?

cl2

Final Flight
I wonder whether any of you know if we can hope for some streaming / recordings of the event? Or is it just too much to ask?
The USFS event page just added this:

"The U.S. International Classic will be streamed live on Peacock Premium. The U.S. Challenge Skate will be streamed live for free on the U.S. Figure Skating Fan Zone."

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The venue is STUNNING. You will love it!!!