2021 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2021 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The USFS event page just added this:

"The U.S. International Classic will be streamed live on Peacock Premium. The U.S. Challenge Skate will be streamed live for free on the U.S. Figure Skating Fan Zone."
When is the US challenge skate?

Magill

Record Breaker
The USFS event page just added this:

"The U.S. International Classic will be streamed live on Peacock Premium. The U.S. Challenge Skate will be streamed live for free on the U.S. Figure Skating Fan Zone."
Oh, thank you!!!:thank:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
FULL SCHEDULE (competition schedule, *subject to change*) for both U.S. Classic and U.S. Challenge Skate (as of today, Sep 13):

(Practices are not shown on this schedule.)

Good luck to all. :)

cc: @Turbo-Mom, @shyne, @charmblade, @Seven Sisters

When is the US challenge skate?

More re U.S. Novice & Junior Challenge Skate:

Schedule is included above. Competition starts on Thursday Sep 16 and ends on Sunday Sep 19.

Start orders are not on the Results page yet, but the link is:

Fan Zone already has posted some of the links for Challenge Skate streaming:

Again, this bottom portion of my post is about U.S. Novice & Junior Challenge Skate (companion event to U.S. Classic).

(Per bits of social media from assorted accounts [not from USFS or SCOB], some of the 2021 Challenge Skate competitors are recognizable names -- as has been true in past years as well.)

Last edited:

charmblade

Final Flight
Thank you @ice coverage, that is super helpful!

I’m hoping to leave work in time on Friday to make the rhythm dance and will attend the Saturday evening senior events as well. Sounds like we can park on site, which is great. Does anyone have an idea if there is food available? I seem to remember hearing something about a cafe stand for Cranberry and it will be so much easier if I don’t have to leave for dinner Friday evening.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Thank you @ice coverage, that is super helpful!

I’m hoping to leave work in time on Friday to make the rhythm dance and will attend the Saturday evening senior events as well. Sounds like we can park on site, which is great. Does anyone have an idea if there is food available? I seem to remember hearing something about a cafe stand for Cranberry and it will be so much easier if I don’t have to leave for dinner Friday evening.
There is food available, and it is decent, but limited. The chili was respectable, they also have pre-made salads, sandwiches. I recommend you bring trail mix, granola bars etc. Any other questions, just ask—I was there recently for Cranberry.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Last edited:

shyne

Final Flight
Senior free dance 9/18 at 6 pm
Btw, your ticket also gives you admission to all the practices in the other rink.

Recent article about the event

Free dance broadcasting starts at 5:25pm and the competition starts at 6 pm? Same with women Free, seems very different from the tentative schedule posted earlier.

Also, did Bradie withdraw from the competition?

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The latest U.S. Classic schedule -- as of today, Sep 14 -- has been added to the USFS event page.

The schedule still has the disclaimer of *subject to change*.
Today's version is almost the same as SCOB's schedule from yesterday. Of the few differences, the biggest one that I see is eleven minutes (for Men's FS).
ETA:
Ooops, after adding Post #55 below, I forgot to come back immediately and strike out this now-obsolete sentence. Sorry for the delay of several hours.​

Athlete lists also have been added to the USFS event page -- with several differences from the lists previously published on Fan Zone on Aug 26.

Regarding U.S. ladies:

I'm sad that Gabbie Izzo is not on today's list of athletes. :(

ETA (on Sep 15):
Happy update: Gabbie Izzo now is on the athlete list on the USFS event page. :)

Glad that Maxine Bautista was added (on Aug 27, per USFS assignments page).
BTW, contrary to the Fan Zone article, U.S. Classic will not be her international debut.
For one thing, Maxine placed fourth in Senior Ladies at 2018 Philadelphia Summer International.

FYI for @shyne: Bradie's withdrawal on Sep 1 had been noted on the USFS assignments page.​

Last edited:
Country
Russia
U.S. International Figure Skating Classic 2021. 15-19.09.
Skaters-couples in order of Personal Best.
* means unofficial best, if no ISU best.

Men
1 Michal Brezina (CZE) 257.98
2 Camden Pulkinen (USA) 244.78
3 Daniel Samohin (ISR) 230.54
4 Maxim Naumov (USA) 225.10
5 Alexei Bychenko (ISR) 220.50
6 Jimmy Ma (USA) 213.49
7 Mark Gorodnitsky (ISR) 206.83
8 Donovan Carrillo (MEX) 204.78
9 Christopher Caluza (PHI) 191.89
10 Dinh Tran (USA) 175.23
11 Eric Sjoberg (USA) 153.26

Women
1 Alexandra Trusova (RUS) 241.02
2 Yeonjeong Park (KOR) 186.58
3 Paige Rydberg (USA) 178.13*
4 Sierra Venetta (USA) 176.37*
5 Maxine Bautista (USA) 171.46
6 Taylor Morris (ISR) 133.95
7 Tara Prasad (IND) 124.11*
8 Jocelyn Hong (NZL) 107.67
- Katherine Ona (ECU) -

Ice Dance
1 Madison Hubbell and Zachary Donohue (USA) 214.71
2 Diana Davis and Gleb Smolkin (RUS) 165.22
3 Yura Min and Daniel Eaton (KOR) 163.42
4 Lorraine McNamara and Anton Spiridonov (USA) 162.86*
5 Eva Pate and Logan Bye (USA) 162.77*
6 Shira Ichilov and Laurent Abecassis (ISR) 156.80*
7 Chantelle Kerry and Andrew Dodds (AUS) 143.59
8 Maxine Weatherby and Temirlan Yerzhanov (KAZ) 132.27
9 Mariia Nosovitskaya and Mikhail Nosovitskiy (ISR) 128.15
10 Jenna Hertenstein and Damian Binkowski (POL) 113.69

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Athlete lists also have been added to the USFS event page -- with several differences from the lists previously published on Fan Zone on Aug 26 ....

The athlete lists as of today are below. (I originally was not inclined to copy/paste/annotate, but now have changed my mind.)

Men (11 10 entries from 5 federations)

Michal Brezina (CZE)
Alexei Bychenko (ISR); Mark Gorodnitsky (ISR); Daniel Samohin (ISR)
Donovan Carrillo (MEX)
Christopher Caluza (PHI)
Jimmy Ma (USA); Maxim Naumov (USA); Camden Pulkinen (USA); Eric Sjoberg (USA); Dinh Tran (USA)

ETA (on Sep 15):
Bychenko's name has disappeared from the athlete list on the USFS event page.
And his name is not included at the link for practice groups as of Sep 14.​

"Ladies"/Women (9 8? 9 entries from 7 6 federations)

Katherine Ona (ECU)
Tara Prasad (IND)
Taylor Morris (ISR)
Yeonjeong Park (KOR)
Jocelyn Hong (NZL)
Alexandra Trusova (RUS)
Maxine Bautista (USA); Paige Rydberg (USA); Sierra Venetta (USA) -- ETA (on Sep 15): And ... Gabbie Izzo :)

ETA (on Sep 15):
- Update A: FWIW, Gabbie Izzo's name is included at the link for practice groups as of Sep 14. :unsure:
(And previously was seen repeatedly on Fan Zone as a U.S. Classic entry, as recently as the Sep 13 article.)
But her name always has been missing from the athlete list on the USFS event page.
- Update B: Both the athlete list on the USFS event page and the practice groups have been revised since Update A immediately above. Jocelyn Hong has been removed from both lists. Gabbie Izzo still is on the practice group list, but remains missing from the athlete list.
- Update C: Yet another revision of the USFS event page shows that Gabbie Izzo now is on the athlete list. :)

Ice Dance (10 entries from 7 federations)

Chantelle Kerry/Andrew Dodds (AUS)
Shira Ichilov/Laurent Abecassis (ISR); Mariia Nosovitskaya/Mikhail Nosovitskiy (ISR)
Maxine Weatherby/Temirlan Yerzhanov (KAZ)
Yura Min/Daniel Eaton (KOR)
Jenna Hertenstein/Damian Binkowski (POL)
Diana Davis/Gleb Smolkin (RUS)
Madison Hubbell/Zachary Donohue (USA); Lorraine McNamara/Anton Spiridonov (USA); Eva Pate/Logan Bye (USA)​

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The latest U.S. Classic schedule -- as of today, Sep 14 -- has been added to the USFS event page.

The schedule still has the disclaimer of *subject to change*.
Today's version is almost the same as SCOB's schedule from yesterday. Of the few differences, the biggest one that I see is eleven minutes (for Men's FS). ...

Yikes ... within a few hours, the USFS event page already has been changed again.

It now says:

2021 U.S. INTERNATIONAL FIGURE SKATING CLASSIC STREAMING SCHEDULE
Live and on-demand on Peacock Premium
(Eastern time; subject to change)

Thursday, Sept. 16
7:25 8:20 p.m. - Men's short program

Friday, Sept. 17
4 p.m. - Rhythm dance
5:53 6 p.m. - Women's short program
7:29 7:41 p.m. – Men’s free skate

Saturday, Sept. 18
5:25 6 p.m. - Free dance
7:16 7:57 p.m. – Women’s free skate​

ETA (on Sep 15):
The streaming schedule on the USFS event page has changed AGAIN. I have noted the latest changes above.
Some of the changes are a return to previous start times that once had been shown there (but then were changed and now are being changed back again). :bang:
The times from the original schedule that SCOB published on Sep 13 are the times now being shown on the USFS event page.​

Lest anyone think I am nuts ... I had kept my earlier tab for the USFS event page open.
As of a few hours ago, the page *was* showing (although now *no longer* showing):

Schedule

Thursday, Sept. 16, 2021
8:15 PM Men's Short Program

Friday, Sept. 17, 2021
4:00 PM Senior Rhythm Dance
6:00 PM Senior Women's Short Program
7:30 PM Senior Men's Free Skate

Saturday, Sept. 18, 2021
6:00 PM Senior Free Dance
8:00 PM Senior Women's Free Skate

NOTE: Schedule is subject to change. Last updated 9/14/21.

I really hope that the schedule will not be updated again.
In any case, I will steer clear of posting about the U.S. Classic schedule again in this thread.

Thanks to @AlexRus for updating your skater lists.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
This post is about Novice/Junior Challenge Skate :), for anyone interested:

(1) The USFS event page (same page as for U.S. Classic) has added a link to Novice/Junior practice groups.

All of the Novice/Junior entries are named.
Among the recognizable ones: Sam Mindra, Maxim Zharkov, Josephine Lee, Elsa Cheng, Isabelle Inthisone, Pham/Rogers, Peals, etc.

The times of Official Practice Ice sessions on Sep 15 (Performance Center Rink) and Sep 17 (West Rink) for each Novice/Junior group also are shown.

(2) The USFS event page also has added the schedule for Novice/Junior Challenge Skate streaming on Fan Zone.

The streaming schedule for Fan Zone does match the Novice/Junior times that were on SCOB's schedule from yesterday.​

AlyonasAxel

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Does anyone know if there are any other streams anywhere other than the USFS one? Especially for non-US fans.

Brauliomx

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
Does anyone know if there are any other streams anywhere other than the USFS one? Especially for non-US fans.

In 2019 season there was a free youtube in some 'alternate' channel don't know if they will do that again

I plan to make videos though I dont think they will last on youtube and I don't want to put on risk my channel because of copyright strikes

But they will be up over in the figure skating videos forum