2021 World Team Trophy - Day 2 | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2021 World Team Trophy - Day 2

Seven Sisters

Medalist
And Jean Luc’s ugly mask is back! This has definitely not been my favorite event

ETA: as Yuzuru pops. Cursed ice today

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Say do you think Yuzu just keeps using the same velvet look pants each season or gets new ones made?

Ok that popped Salchow was a big mistake, but it looked so amazing! Another one that should be a transition!

Astolat

On the Ice
Country
Poland
I will admit that I find this program generic and that when I watch Jason perform it I can start to understand why non-US fans wonder what all the fuss is about over this guy. I mean, it’s nice, pretty skating, but...so?
I very much prefer the SP, which is spectacular. The FS is kind of meh for me. Nevertheless, he does very difficult and unique transitions in both ones, and is very flexible.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Another magical skate from Yuzuru! :clap: 🍾 🍾 🍾

Just amazing.

But why doesn't he do any Flips and Lutzes? It's a million points left on the table...

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
This is definitely not my favourite Hanyu program, but I enjoyed it much more than the last time that I saw it. It was a pretty solid skate, save for the pop, but I find it frustrating that his poor landings are not penalized ("a choreographic step-out").

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
But why doesn't he do any Flips and Lutzes? It's a million points left on the table...
Not sure about flips, but he got a very bad ankle injury from trying quad lutzes, so maybe he avoids them now.