66,89​
133,04​
199,93​

Last edited:

LadyB

Record Breaker
That's real big!
Misha in third and Zhenya in fifth! :dance3:

Is Skate Canada feeling the repercussions of their overly strict Covid-rules that allowed only for a minimum of training and only saw few competitions staged. The US had an enormous Covid-related death rate, but they still managed their sports. Kudos. (y)

Andrea82

Medalist
Ice Dance totals should be

S/K
86,66​
130,15​
216,81​
G/F
82,93​
124,75​
207,68​
PB
H/B
76,79​
110,16​
186,95​
G/T
70,34​
106,58​
176,92​
PB
K/K
66,42​
100,82​
167,24​
S/F
65,06​
97,86​
162,92​

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
France over took Italy by 3 points but tomorrow Italy can easily turn that around with pairs and ladies which is good for Italy, Daniel did great considering there no 2nd man! who takes 4th is the actual battle of tomorrow.

Canada is fixed last at this point I dont know what they would need to close the 11 point gap with Italy or 14 with France.

us vs Russia will continue to tomorrow but the Russian men have done their best to widen the gap. If Us ladies have a meltdown I can see Japan closing down the 5 point gap they have with the US team and snatching the silver. I feel like at the very least pairs will make sure that Japan cant make up the 13 point difference and catch Russia even if the ladies falter but we will see that tomorrow.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That's real big!
Misha in third and Zhenya in fifth! :dance3:

Is Skate Canada feeling the repercussions of their overly strict Covid-rules that allowed only for a minimum of training and only saw few competitions staged. The US had an enormous Covid-related death rate, but they still managed their sports. Kudos. (y)
“Overly” strict by whose standards? with no skaters that I know of coming down with COVID? I like that overly strict (y)and of course American skaters at IAM appear to have no repercussions?

WTT is a fun semi cheesefest, that’s all. Half the Americans have no coaches here.:biggrin:

but I enjoy it for what it is, and I did like seeing the boys again :)

Seven Sisters

Medalist
“Overly” strict by whose standards? with no skaters that I know of coming down with COVID? I like that overly strict (y)and of course American skaters at IAM appear to have no repercussions?

WTT is a fun semi cheesefest, that’s all. Half the Americans have no coaches here.:biggrin:

but I enjoy it for what it is, and I did like seeing the boys again :)
I think what Lady B means is that the Canadian skaters here all looked undertrained and at a competitive disadvantage, which is not surprising given that rink closures and other pandemic related issues meant that they could not train properly or have the usual opportunities to compete. i would agree with that, though of course I understand that the Canadian authorities made the decisions they did out of concern for public safety and that this is the responsible thing to do.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I think what Lady B means is that the Canadian skaters here all looked undertrained and at a competitive disadvantage, which is not surprising given that rink closures and other pandemic related issues meant that they could not train properly or have the usual opportunities to compete. i would agree with that, though of course I understand that the Canadian authorities made the decisions they did out of concern for public safety and that this is the responsible thing to do.
You got it, babe! (y)

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think what Lady B means is that the Canadian skaters here all looked undertrained and at a competitive disadvantage, which is not surprising given that rink closures and other pandemic related issues meant that they could not train properly or have the usual opportunities to compete. i would agree with that, though of course I understand that the Canadian authorities made the decisions they did out of concern for public safety.
I agree that the inability to compete has hurt the Canadian skaters’ ability to prepare and compete.

So I was misunderstanding “overly” strict, because actually I am pretty impressed by Canada’s seriousness in its response to the pandemic. I mean this is WTT, fun, cute costumes, good for PBs if you can get them, and skating. And that‘s coming from someone who likes the comp. :)

and I happened to be awake and saw the last four skaters, which is highly unusual for me. I think it’s better for Jason when I sleep,:laugh:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And a bit of dosh involved... or did they scrap that this time?
AFAIK, it’s still a good payday for the skaters, which is always nice. And it’s a good payday ( less, but good) even if you don’t medal, which is even nicer. All skaters work so hard.

God bless Japanese sponsors:rock:

and I’m glad for you your Russian boys did well, I know you must be happy. :)

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shaky skate Jason! And as much as I love his short, I can't stand this long program The music is uninspired and feels like something from a bad musical from the 50s, and the whole program does nothing to show off Jason's strengths.
I think that Slaughter requires more quickness without the difficulty of Sinnerman. It may be a choice to subtlely acclimate Jason for the quick snap he needs for the quad in the program. Knowing how much he likes the jumps to be well timed musically, the music may help him time the edges, takeoff and rotation for the quad.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
It's looking good for the Russians.
Oh, everyone and their mother knew Russia would win this. They sent their A-team... 3 reigning world champions in dance/pairs/ladies (and the reigning World silver medalist in ladies) competing. And two top 8 men. They didn’t leave any room for the other countries to take the top spot.

I don’t think it’s unexpected either that Russia gained points over Brown given they both had two quads and Brown had several costly errors (especially the fall on the series) and was likely to be dinged for his quad.