2022-23 Japanese figure skating - pairs and ice dance | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Japanese figure skating - pairs and ice dance

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabidline

Final Flight
By the way, is Azusa Tanaka no longer in the Kinoshita Academy? She's no longer listed as one of their trainees but her icepartner profile still list Cathy Reed as her coach, and then there's this:

I wonder if she's pairing up with a non-Kinoshita Academy skater....

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Yuna Nagaoka and Sumitada Moriguchi are announced as a new pairs team. They will train at Kinoshita Academy.
Nagaoka: winning Tohoku-Hokkaido Regional (Jr.) in 2022, placing 23rd at Jr. Nationals.
With a 4-year age gap, assuming they will be completing at Sr. level without problem?

rabidline

Final Flight
Nagaoka is almost 18 yo without 3-3. I don't see a reason why they took her unless for pairs/ice dance.

Possible new partner for Moriguchi (Pairs) or Morita (Ice Dance)? Both are still under Kinoshita Academy. Leaning more towards Moriguchi since there are hints he has a senior-eligible partner already.

Called it once again, but under a different thread, LOL 😆

Moriguchi and Nagaoka should be competing on the senior level, the issue with Moriguchi and Murakami (his previous partner) is that Murakami is 14 years old which makes her non-senior eligible. The gap between Moriguchi and Nagaoka might be 4 years but Nagaoka is 18 years old, which makes her eligible for senior. There are senior pairs spots available thanks to Rikuryu, and I think the coaching team from Kinoshita Academy should have earned some trust now from JSF since they managed to create a successful junior team (and their world champion senior team is under Kinoshita Group).

I think now it just depends on how convincing Moriguchi and Nagaoka are in practice (and hopefully local competition... if there's even some for pairs in Japan), so wishing them success!!!

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Nagaoka: winning Tohoku-Hokkaido Regional (Jr.) in 2022, placing 23rd at Jr. Nationals.
With a 4-year age gap, assuming they will be completing at Sr. level without problem?
Yes, Yuna has been Senior-eligible for the last two seasons already (even though she's been born on the other side of July 1st).

rabidline

Final Flight
@tsuyoboogie mentioned it back in the Japanese Women's thread, but it is interesting that Kinoshita Academy recruited 2 girls from the Tohoku-Hokkaido region with Mone Chiba and Yuna Nagaoka. I assume training at Kinoshita's facilities in Kyoto + shorter distance to Kanku Ice Arena is a pretty great draw compared to the infrastructure in their cities, especially that they're at the age of graduating from senior high school and entering college. Plenty of Kinoshita skaters are also students at Chukyo senior high school / or are in their correspondence school (Shunsuke Nakamura, Hana Yoshida and Ikura Kushida) so I assume that gives them access to the Chukyo University rink too...

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Great news that Sumitada has found a new partner, but I guess she's very new to pairs? I don't know much about her. Is she tiny and fierce? A four-year age gap sounds much more manageable.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Great news that Sumitada has found a new partner, but I guess she's very new to pairs? I don't know much about her. Is she tiny and fierce? A four-year age gap sounds much more manageable.
She's 155 cm tall.
I don't think many will have seen her skate, unless there are videos of the junior championships floating online.
Good luck to the new pair!!

& I really want to know what Lucas is doing.
I am clinging to snippets in the off season!

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
She's 155 cm tall.
I don't think many will have seen her skate, unless there are videos of the junior championships floating online.
Good luck to the new pair!!

& I really want to know what Lucas is doing.
I am clinging to snippets in the off season!
Ah, so she's actually almost the same height as Haruna (just one centimeter taller). That's really good to hear, as Sumitada is not the strongest or tallest partner and could have struggled with a significantly taller woman. ☺️

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
how old is Sae Shimizu?? (13-14); then there is no point i dont understand
She's 17. I know she might look small (she's just 155 cm tall after all), but she's senior-eligible under all rules (new and old). She's also junior-eligible for two more seasons (and Lucas for one more).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.