2022-23 Russian Men's Figure Skating | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Russian Men's Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Gleb Lutfullin and Ilya Yablokov have been added to the senior reserve. Georgy Likhachev has been added to the novice reserve.

Still no Semion Soloviov. :(
Great, I hope that means Ilya's knee is fully recovered.

Any news on Matvei Vetlugin? He did at least as well this season as a couple of the guys on the list...

niks

On the Ice
Gleb Lutfullin and Ilya Yablokov have been added to the senior reserve. Georgy Likhachev has been added to the novice reserve.

Still no Semion Soloviov. :(

Mikhail Kolyada didn't make the national team for the first time since the 2014-2015 season. Nine seasons, but not the tenth. No information about new programs, so... It looks like the end of a career šŸ˜Ÿ

Thanks for the update. I'm glad for Gleb and Ilya, and wish there'd have been good news also for Matvei, who would be well deserving of the acknowledgement.

But I'm sad to see that they didn't allocate a spot to Misha in the end. As I said, I've been worried about this, as I thought that were he to lose the financial support, that might be the deciding factor to make him call it quits. I enjoy his skating very much, so I'd be sad to see him go. And besides, I feel that between the health issues and the international ban, last season would not be the "right /fair" way to end his career.

Fingers crossed that we'll get some news about him and that he continues, so he can at least enjoy one season of fullfilling skates in good health :ghug:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Any news on Matvei Vetlugin? He did at least as well this season as a couple of the guys on the list...
Matvei was only 10th at Nationals, and there're usually only 9 spots, plus Mark who had to WD. So, top 8 at nationals + Mark.

As for Ilya, I think he was included as a national team member who had health reasons that affected his results. He was on the junior team and it looks like they gave juniors' reserve spot to the senior team because of him.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
As I said, I've been worried about this, as I thought that were he to lose the financial support, that might be the deciding factor to make him call it quits.
He won't lose it completely, there're still local funding from the regional team, plus he trains in a state-funded school.

But I think it's not a good sign that he and SinKats are the only top skaters who weren't added to the team.

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
It's time to start a theme for the 2023-2024 season, isn't it? I guess we were only waiting for one announcement, and here it is.

Today, in an interview with Maxim Trankov, Mikhail Kolyada announced that he is putting his sporting career on pause.

UPD: The program has not yet aired, this is an insider, so the information is not verified. But it is quite predictable.

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
It's time to start a theme for the 2023-2024 season, isn't it? I guess we were only waiting for one announcement, and here it is.

Today, in an interview with Maxim Trankov, Mikhail Kolyada announced that he is putting his sporting career on pause.
I agree. @AlexBreeze would you be able to kick off the 2023-24 thread in the same format as the women's one?

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia

UPD: The program has not yet aired, this is an insider, so the information is not verified. But it is quite predictable.
The information has been officially confirmed. Kolyada is no longer competing.

icewhite

Record Breaker
:frown: :frown: End of an era, I guess.
I doubt he's going to come back.
Hopefully we will continue to see him in the skating world, especially with show programs, but maybe also as a coach or choreographer?? Has he said anything about a possible future?
One of my absolute favourite skaters, it was to be expected, but I still feel very sad.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Hopefully we will continue to see him in the skating world, especially with show programs, but maybe also as a coach or choreographer?? Has he said anything about a possible future?
Before, he mentioned intention to become a coach. The podcast with him is not out yet, it will be in 7 hours.

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
This thread will be closed as a new thread has been started on the 2023-24 Russian Men's Figure Skating.

Please continue the conversation here:

Status
Not open for further replies.