2022-23 Russian Men's Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Egor Rukhin left Volkov. It is not known with whom he is training now.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Egor Rukhin left Volkov. It is not known with whom he is training now.
oh wow, i dont know what to think at this point tbh.I mean his results were really not great but where to now? Leaving Buyanova likely rules out all of CSKA for him. In moscow of the big coaches only Butsaeva is left he is tall like most of her boys but I dont know if she would take him? He could follow Daneliyan to Rukvitsin? Idk if he would take him either. Or one of the coaching teams in Army of skaters maybe?

Volkovs skaters style is not my favorite but maybe he could have stabilized Egors jumps like what is happening with Artem this season after last season wasn't great for him?

In 1 and half a season he has been in 4 different coaching teams, that cant be very helpful either with all 4 being quite different in styles and methods as well.

Last edited:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
National team

Senior
Main: Evgeni Semenenko, Petr Gumennik, Alexander Samarin, Dmitri Aliev, Artem Kovalev, Andrei Mozalev

Reserve: Makar Ignatov, Mark Kondratiuk

Junior
Main: Arseniy Fedotov, Lev Lazarev, Grigory Fedorov, Vladislav Dikidzhi, Nikita Sarnovskiy, Nikolay Ugozhaev

Reserve: Eduard Karartynyan, Nikolai Loginov

Novice
Main: Vadim Voronov, Maksim Belyavski, Nikolai Kolesnikov, Ivan Ramzenkov, Mikhail Tikhonov, Dmitri Shelkovnikov

Reserve: Roman Khamzin, Alexander Chmil

❗Skaters of the reserve teams are often added later. There may be changes.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
National team

Senior
Main: Evgeni Semenenko, Petr Gumennik, Alexander Samarin, Dmitri Aliev, Artem Kovalev, Andrei Mozalev

Junior
Main: Arseniy Fedotov, Lev Lazarev, Grigory Fedorov, Vladislav Dikidzhi, Nikita Sarnovskiy, Nikolay Ugozhaev

Novice
Main: Vadim Voronov, Maksim Belyavski, Nikolai Kolesnikov, Ivan Ramzenkov, Mikhail Tikhonov, Dmitri Shelkovnikov

Good for Kovalev! But also keeping my fingers crossed for Popov...

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
National team

Senior

Junior

Novice

Whoops I've been totally slacking on the Russian chaps...

God news here! Petr, Artem K in the National Team! :biggrin:

And Nikita S got himself into the Junior Team! :cheer:

Bit sad for my main lad Kirill S...hope he's doing OK.

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Gleb Lutfullin and Ilya Yablokov have been added to the senior reserve. Georgy Likhachev has been added to the novice reserve.

Still no Semion Soloviov. :(

Unfortunately, the FGPR isn't a qualifying tournament for juniors. I mean, there are three tournaments, we could have considered a fourth, but that's too much. I considered the possibility that Makar Puzin or Makar Solodnikov would be included in the reserve list, based on the results of two tournaments, and I was sure about Likhachev, who took bronze in Zhuk Memorial. Perhaps Fedor Zonov or Semyon Solovyov could have been discussed for the last reserve spot, since they had significant wins in the season, but... It seems that the vacant reserve spot in the senior juniors was preferred to be given to the senior national team.

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Mikhail Kolyada didn't make the national team for the first time since the 2014-2015 season. Nine seasons, but not the tenth. No information about new programs, so... It looks like the end of a career 😟

Status
Not open for further replies.