2022-23 Russian Men's Figure Skating | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Russian Men's Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Kazan’ so far was good to Russian men, both juniors and senior. Gosh, that was my kind of 1-2-3. I dunno if I can survive the free. My heart is not gonna take it.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Then and now

cxqYGSC.png

PfAkfeU.png

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Mark Lukin leaves AoP.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Mark Lukin leaves AoP.

Honestly, this is not a surprise.

Yes, it is not AoP's fault Mark got injured and wasn't able to properly prepare for the Russian JGP equivalent (which I think was the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back), but even before that, it was clear that Mark was not getting the results he was hoping for. Not the consistent quad, or any progress on the 3A, or even any more stability in competitions. It must have been especially frustrating for him, seeing both skaters at AoP (who were initially seen as weaker than him) and his former training mates at Team Tut improve so much and have success, while he was still stuck on the same level as years ago.

I sincerely hope he can find a coach who can really work with him, and that he won't end up like Egor Rukhin, hopping from coach to coach searching for a better fit, but somehow never really quite managing to find that (at least not so far).

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Honestly, this is not a surprise.

Yes, it is not AoP's fault Mark got injured and wasn't able to properly prepare for the Russian JGP equivalent (which I think was the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back), but even before that, it was clear that Mark was not getting the results he was hoping for. Not the consistent quad, or any progress on the 3A, or even any more stability in competitions. It must have been especially frustrating for him, seeing both skaters at AoP (who were initially seen as weaker than him) and his former training mates at Team Tut improve so much and have success, while he was still stuck on the same level as years ago.

I sincerely hope he can find a coach who can really work with him, and that he won't end up like Egor Rukhin, hopping from coach to coach searching for a better fit, but somehow never really quite managing to find that (at least not so far).
Apparently his mom is talking with Butatseva. So at least if she takes him, he would be in good hands, obviously its not like every Vikas students has or will succeed but at least she is proven mens coach.

Last edited:

Lipa.strom

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
Mark Lukin leaves AoP.

As was said, not a surprise.

icewhite

Record Breaker
What do you expect for nationals?
Gumennik looks like the best bet for the title for me right now, what do you think?
Lutfullin seems on his way to the top as well, though.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I thought Kondratiuk was injured, is he okay again?
He is back to ice, but it is unclear whether he will be able to take part.

Semenenko will probably need the 4Lo or hope that some others don't go clean
I personally think this is an unnecessary risk. He got 292 without it and it wasn't his best, the landings and some non-jumping elements could be better. I think that only Mozalev and Aliev will get more with clean skates.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
What do you expect for nationals?
Gumennik looks like the best bet for the title for me right now, what do you think?
Lutfullin seems on his way to the top as well, though.
Literally anything can happen in men's.:)

Lutfullin can medal because of his consistency, but he seems very unlikely to win because of the PCS, the non-jumping elements and his stamina.

Gumennik tends to ur his quads except for 4S. His chances depend on his content.

Mozalev, Aliev might win if they have a good day. Andrei's quads look better than before in terms of being fully rotated. He would have won in Samara if he hadn't had problems with his shoelace. Dima is having a good season.

Kolyada looked not very healthy at his stages, but if he is healthy, he can win with skates like at last Channel One Cup.

Last edited:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I thought Kondratiuk was injured, is he okay again?
Semenenko will probably need the 4Lo or hope that some others don't go clean?
they're both (if Mark can compete) going to be showered in pcs besides no man in the world is clean in both programs :LOL: unless Semenenko bombs bad he's on one of the first two steps of that podium. if Kolyada, Samarin and Aliev are healthy and cleanish they'll be contenders too

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I’m glad for Zonov. I really enjoy his skating it stands out from the rest of the field. It’ll be nice for him to get more international exposure.

I'm disappointed for Dikidzhi, I hope the withdrawal is for nothing to serious.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Russian-Chinese Winter Youth Games

1st Grigory Fedorov - 73.63
2nd Fedor Zonov - 71.80
3rd Nikolay Ugozhaev - 62.06

Unofficial stream https://vk.com/video209624892_456239020
Free skate

1st Fedor Zonov (3A<, 3Lo+2T, 3F, 2A, 3Lz+3T, 3Lz+1Eu+3S, 3Lo) 141.48 (213.28)
2nd Grigory Fedorov (4Lz+3A step, 4T step, 3Т, 4T+1Eu+2S, Lutz entry (the jump was off the camera), 3A three turn, 3F fall) 138.47 (212.10)
3rd Nikolay Ugozhaev (4T, 3A+3T, 3A step, 3Lo, 3Lz+1Eu+3S, 3Lz, 3F fall) 133.20 (195.26)

Video https://vk.com/video209624892_456239021

Status
Not open for further replies.