2022 Canadian Nationals: Senior Free Dance | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2022 Canadian Nationals: Senior Free Dance

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
I definitely think that Skate Canada have the strangest strategy in place - they don't seem to do much to ensure their teams are getting better rewarded internationally (more opportunities, boosting nationals scores like the US and Russia do etc)
Totally agree with this. Particularly about the scoring at Nationals. Canada is like the Japanese - conservative with their scores compared to Russia and the US, which I don’t understand!

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
sorry I just find this team so annoying because they had no good reason to leave France and this will push more Canadian teams down who've been competing for Skate Canada for years.

(LoLo and Nik had a very good reason, so I don't mind)
I wonder if they felt they had fell out of favour with the French fed? I’m sure there was a Nationals a few years ago where they didn’t do too well and they just never seemed to recover from that while skating for France. France does have a few decent teams coming up. Marie-Jade is Canadian so I understand more now the choice to switch than before when I thought they were both French but had lived in Canada long enough to get citizenship.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I wonder if they felt they had fell out of favour with the French fed? I’m sure there was a Nationals a few years ago where they didn’t do too well and they just never seemed to recover from that while skating for France. France does have a few decent teams coming up. Marie-Jade is Canadian so I understand more now the choice to switch than before when I thought they were both French but had lived in Canada long enough to get citizenship.
Yup.. she is Canadian, they are married and he is studying here.. they want to live here and make their life here. It may not help them making the team for the big events but who knows what their goals are? They are in their mid 20s... if they have another cycle in mind, lots can happen. I liked them today and I think it's good to have them on the team.. Also, lots of team may retire from IAM, and that may mean good things for them in the future.

Sackie

Medalist
Totally agree with this. Particularly about the scoring at Nationals. Canada is like the Japanese - conservative with their scores compared to Russia and the US, which I don’t understand!
Exactly. If you go by Nationals scores between the US and Can, Canada skaters have no chance at any 4CC medals. There 7th place dance team even outscored our 4th team.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Selected skaters found
Carolane SOUCISSE Shane FIRUS

Marie Jade LAURIAULT Romain LE GAC

Piper Gilles Paul Poirier

Marjorie LAJOIE Zachary LAGHA

Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY Nikolaj SORENSEN

Reactions: xox