2022 Canadian Nationals: Senior Free Dance | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2022 Canadian Nationals: Senior Free Dance

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Just a positive note, I’m enjoying Kaitlyn Weaver’s commentary here. I had heard her in what I think was her first assignment, and I thought she struggled a bit to get the tone just right—she was maybe trying too hard to be positive, not really acknowledging or indicating what made one team better than another. She is doing much better here, very nice job and has a bright future as a commentator.

Last edited:

rain

Record Breaker
OK, that was obviously well skated. But I found it very off-putting how they just wholesale took most of their old choreography and stuck different music behind it. And Gladiator? OK, I guess. Their old music did take a while to grow on me (I'm not a huge fan of voiceovers) but grow on me it did, and I came to love that program. So I'm really not sure how I feel about this overall. I'm kind of taken aback. I don't know that it helps to tell everyone that your choreography was that interchangeable. I'm going to have to watch this again to figure out how I feel about it. They need to do something about that ending choreography/lift though. It still doesn't look smooth.