2022 Canadian Nationals: Women - Thoughts? | Golden Skate

2022 Canadian Nationals: Women - Thoughts?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Canada has a new National Champion! Madeline Schizas had a good 28 points to spare in this event!

Olympic team will be announced tomorrow, but what were your thoughts on the Women's event?

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
the event wasn't well skated... but it tends to happen when so much is on the line... what i would say, despite all the issues, including lack of training and no nationals last year, is that the veterans like Veronik and Michelle tried their best to probably skate a last time at Nationals and earned their best ever ranking. So good for them. Gabby didn't have a good event, which is unfortunate. I hope she gets to go to 4cc...and does better there.

Last edited:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Veronik Mallet: "I was feeling really good. It was not perfect but I did what I could and I was really ready and looking forward to it. Silver means a lot. I am really glad with my position."

Gabrielle Daleman: "Disappointed doesn’t even begin to describe how I feel right now That was heart shattering My run throughs leading up to CDNs have been solid so to come here and not perform to even 1/2 of what I have been doing...is really heart breaking."

Michelle Long: "I am really happy with the performance I put out there today Two pops today but I am so over the moon thrilled we could have this event We changed the technical content to focus on my strengths and my performance I am emotional so I am feeling everything."

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Thoughts...

Maddie - So happy for her, and that she is disappointed that she didn't hit 200. It will come, Maddie, I assure you

Veronik - So many let downs due to health issues these past years, yet to come back to Nationals & earn the Silver. Wow!

Gabby - You have accomplished so much in this sport and can be proud of your career, regardless of placement today. And still, the owner of the best 3 toe 3 toe, in skating!

Michelle - If only everyone could experience such 'Joy' as Michelle Long does in skating, just once in their lifetime

Congrats ladies!

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
"I didn't miss a jump on practice. I didn't miss it on warm up," Daleman said. "My run throughs leading in to Canadians have been solid. I have been so solid so to come here and to not perform to even half of what I have been doing and half of what I am capable of is really heart-breaking."