2022 Four Continents: Rhythm Dance | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2022 Four Continents: Rhythm Dance

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So CAN(S/F) vs CAN(L/L) in the free for bragging rights.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I find myself wondering if there is any panic in the Car/Pom camp. Even discounting the injury this team does not seem to be progressing. I feel that a partnership change could be a possibility. Niether one of them is a striking performer. It is hard to say who is the focal point.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
well that was fun then not fun.

good night all.

please have good wishes for victoria and kailani for me as i will not be getting up at 4:30am on a work day to watch <3

Reactions: Myr

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I find myself wondering if there is any panic in the Car/Pom camp. Even discounting the injury this team does not seem to be progressing. I feel that a partnership change could be a possibility. Niether one of them is a striking performer. It is hard to say who is the focal point.
I think the bad material (music + choreo) is one of the biggest issues for them this season, and it also seems likely that constantly going back and forth between Ontario and Michigan is taking its toll. But obviously as their fan I'm biased.

skatemd1

On the Ice
Loved Green/Parsons' programs this year, so creative and fresh, so difficult, and so well skated technically. They are such fun to watch and it's great to see them finally get the scoring they deserved on this RD. It has been getting better all year. G/P are in a class of their own here (and their FD is the best I've seen all year from anyone) so they should be a lock for Gold. I liked M/T, S/F and B/S's skates today also, too bad about M/T's fall, but looking forward to tomorrow and the race for Silver/Bronze. Should be interesting. I think G/P, M/T, S/F.

litenkyckling

Final Flight
Always preface my comments with the fact that I really like this team, I've rooted for them since they were juniors and I can't give up being a fan I'm afraid! I think that this a huge matter of taste - I personally think that Christina is a really good performer and she's improved in that area this season. I would hate to see a team who have so much experience together abandon that because of one bad season (this is the first season ever for them that they haven't medalled during).

I'm sure that there is panic - there must be - but I think that the key is to forget this season, put it behind them and use it as a learning year. The trouble is that they have 2 programmes which no one loves, and that some people hate. We all know that teams don't suffer as much if they have one programme that is rubbish but one that is great (for me this year that is H/B - the RD is meh but the FD is gorgeous). I think the other issue is that while the programmes have evolved over the season (something they didn't seem to do with Igor) in the details, they haven't in the substance. I checked and they have had 5 lift deductions across their 6 events (so far) - why haven't the coaches changed the lifts? If he is injured, a curve lift is easier to control time wise than a rotational, and easier to get a level 4 on in that regard too. So why not change out the RD lift? The stationary lift has cost them points in deductions, goe and levels all season - why has that not been changed out for a different position that they are comfortable with and can grab more points with? It just seems like they haven't fixed easy things and they're losing because of that.

I hope they get better programmes next season - I wish she could just get citizenship so that they could get more rest time in and spend more dedicated time with the team in Montreal, but who knows.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Charlotte Lafond-Fournier/Richard Kang In Kam (NZL)

Kam: (on their decision to team up together)
"It took a many years break and I always still had an ambition to compete again and then I had a try-out with Charlotte and it worked really well as a team. She was training in my old training center in Montreal, so it was an easy decision for me as well, as I really trusted these coaches, so we decided to team up around the pandemic. We were just practicing, we were luckily able to get some good practicing before the actual competition season. (on representing New Zealand) I was born in New Zealand, I always had a citizenship and I always wanted to represent New Zealand as well, so it became a right decision at that time, I think. (on the goal for 4CC) It’s our first championships together, it’s not the score or placement, it’s not the most important thing, for now it’s just getting we’ve been proud of what we worked for and been able to perform what we’ve trained. I think, that’s the right step to get on the next stage.

Lafond-Fournier: (on their decision to team up together) We started to skate together last year, last season, but there were no competitions due to the pandemic. (on next goals) We were working to go at Worlds, because we got our minimum score, and hopefully we’ll be able to go to the next Olympics, but I need the passport for New Zealand.