2022 JGP Baltic Cup Free Dance | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2022 JGP Baltic Cup Free Dance

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Frankly, Bekker & Hernandez deserve a place in the GPFinal. They're only behind the top 2, Peter & Nadiia, yet another wonderful icedancer GBR has lost, and the Czechs.
IMO the Germans FD is overscored. It's a rehash of Fear & Waddell"s FD last season which he commentated on at Nebelhorn 21 and was very complimentary. They're using exactly the same 3 pieces from Nutcracker, and I don't feel it's as good an FD as Phebe & James' Vivaldi, who also have a very strong RD. I can't believe people are discounting them. I would have them 3rd at Junior Worlds.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Does the maths so far mean that in the final we have: B/B, G/S, B/H

Then provisionally: M/M and L/Q

Which would leave 1 place for either the French or the other Canadians?
I think the second Canadian team would need to make sure they beat one of the top teams they are competing against at Egna... and as pointed out up there, the American champions who were not able to compete earlier are slotted to compete in Egna, meaning that they may earn some points that are not very valuable to them for JGP but could kick out another team from contention... like the Canadians... As the French have already secured their points, they seem less at risk.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Frankly, Bekker & Hernandez deserve a place in the GPFinal. They're only behind the top 2, Peter & Nadiia, yet another wonderful icedancer GBR has lost, and the Czechs.
IMO the Germans FD is overscored. It's a rehash of Fear & Waddell"s FD last season which he commentated on at Nebelhorn 21 and was very complimentary. They're using exactly the same 3 pieces from Nutcracker, and I don't feel it's as good an FD as Phebe & James' Vivaldi, who also have a very strong RD. I can't believe people are discounting them. I would have them 3rd at Junior Worlds.
i don't think people are discounted them... I personally just forgot about them... short term memory here when it comes to juniors.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Beatrice now fuels up after making 3 entire new crowns from scratch in the arena.
But Beatrice made a point to crown ALL Ice Dance medalists. And Beatrice DID IT!
Be happy for Beatrice.
View attachment 5752

You have truly outdone yourself Beatrice!

We are indeed happy for you, and for the skaters who get to wear your crowns. :)

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
The Germans only use two pieces, both modern-day arrangements of the original ballet, not three pieces of the original arrangement like the Brits. The two overlapping pieces are among the most commonly used pieces from the Nutcracker (the March and the Sugarplum Fairy Pas de Deux). F/W added Act II: Hot Chocolate, while one of the pieces in G/S's Free is a mash-up of Act I: March and Act I: Miniature Overture for drums.

Choreographically and music cut-wise, these programs could not be any more different, it's like comparing a classical ballet adaptation of the Nutcracker with a modern contemporary ballet adaptation, they don't even look or feel remotely similar. Basically, it's almost like the night and day difference between Daria Usacheva's and Alexandra Trusova's Romeo & Juliet, except those two actually had the exact same music cut and one of these skaters is a far less developed skater on the side of artistry and skating skills.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
@NoNameFace will you go to Skate America by any chance?
I WISH lol :laugh:
If I only had this much paid time off work and money to afford...Time to find a sponsor lol. But more seriously, I got asked multiple times about going to GPF/SkAm in Gdańsk :), I is flattering in a way to see that folks are excited for those crowns and possibility of skaters getting them.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I dunno, so far this season, Mrazkova/Mrazek just blew my mind and I love them. They are definetly scoring top marks in ‘not boring!’ category for me. 😂

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
After the fall from French team, I was so glad to see Ben Khelifa-Zhu dismount safely. I avoid watching int junior pairs this year because of safety concerns tbh, so seeing a fall like that in ID was disturbing.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Regarding JGPF : it looks indeed like there won't be any USA teams in the final which is not something I would have predicted considering the strength of the discipline in the USA and the absence of some skaters (retired, going seniors and banned)
Well the two top US Junior teams from last season decided to move up this season instead of staying Junior leaving a bit of a hole.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Well the two top US Junior teams from last season decided to move up this season instead of staying Junior leaving a bit of a hole.
so did the top Canadian teams... (Bruce and Natalie reitred, Miku and Tyler aged out). The real question is where is the usual depth?