2022 Olympics Team Event Day3: Free Dance | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2022 Olympics Team Event Day3: Free Dance

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My boyfriend (astrophysics guy) is very befuddled by the voiceover in C/B's FD. :popcorn:

Edit: He would like to add that the flashing thing is how you tell rotational periods in astrophysics, so that bit's accurate.
I love that their edgework accompanies the computerized vocals . It adds to the alien effect and has been a favorite part for me from the start.

peepsquick

Final Flight
Yes, in the least objective event in all of figure skating. I wouldn't call it a great merit, ice dance is perhaps the discipline with the least risk and complexity, where you win because the judges chose you as "the best" (yes, I'm talking about P/C, S/K, etc)
Yeah ... that just proves that you have no clue whatsoever ...:biggrin:

slider11

Medalist
I am still having difficulty warming up to the Chock/Bates FD. The technical moves are fantastic.

slider11

Medalist
Piper and Paul need to raise their game just a hair- a little more expression. It's a fine line to not sacrifice the tech levels but maybe this is their strategy. Podium seems less likely with the Americans scoring high but mistakes happen.

flipsydoodle

On the Ice
More like, eleven. Almost HALF the ice dance field.

And also happen to be the countries that correspond to the ice dance judges that gave C/B the win over S/K, minus Canada, since they only have the No. 2 and 3 Canadians training with them.
Good correction. I was flabbergasted when I saw that. Yes, that’s a global franchise. Eteri is gonna go green if they sweep and take 6 of the top 10 in the standings, especially if her daughter is in the bottom half of that, as is likely. This is gonna be fun.