2022 U.S. Nationals: Senior Pairs Free Skate | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2022 U.S. Nationals: Senior Pairs Free Skate

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
For the unvaccinated, 21 days. For the vaccinated and negative PCR-tested, no quarantine but athletes go directly into the bubble. USOC has stated months ago that they will ONLY take athletes who are fully vaccinated to China, so any athlete with aspirations to the 2022 Games, had plenty of time to get the deed accomplished.

The issue is the PCR screen. As it stands now, Brandon Frazier (and anyone with COVID in the 30 days prior to arrival in China) will have to produce two negative PCR tests at least 24 hours apart, and both at least 8 days before departure for China. Then he (and all athletes) will have to produce two negative PCR tests taken on separate days, both within 96 hours of departure for China. Any athlete who cannot meet this standard, is not supposed to be allowed to board the plane to China. Another PCR test will be done on arrival in China at the airport.

Due to lack of commercial flights and differences in how commercial passengers are processed/quarantined once in China, USOC is chartering flight(s) to fly the US Olympic athletes from California to Beijing, and likely the departure date will be something around Jan 31 or Feb 1. (remember you lose a day going westbound across the Intl Date Line). In practical terms, this means that athletes like Frazier and Alysa Liu, who just tested positive, will need to go negative x 2 before somewhere around Jan 22. That's not all that much time.

It remains to be seen if China will adjust their stringent requirements, but I wouldn't bet on it. The IOC doesn't really have a lot of leverage at this point to force them, and Chinese domestic concerns to keep COVID out, will take precedence.
Thanks for your input! I have heard that PCR Tests can come back positive for quite awhile. Its an oddity that Brandon didnt give it to Alexa who then didnt give it to Chris who then didnt give it to his students. :pray:
While watching all my flights being canceled out of Spokane, I noted that the China flights were the most canceled (SeaTac was a mess). I wondered if someone would charter a flight or three to fly our athletes over to China. I am trying to imagine an athlete other than some athletes of games of the ball who have been in the news the last two months who WOULDNT want the vax.....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Did anyone notice that Todd and Jenni were not at the event??? Only Kris and the choreographer
Wow....there I go again with my false memories....I would have sworn on a stack of bibles that I saw them during Jrs....
Old age isnt for sissies.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for your input! I have heard that PCR Tests can come back positive for quite awhile. Its an oddity that Brandon didnt give it to Alexa who then didnt give it to Chris who then didnt give it to his students. :pray:
While watching all my flights being canceled out of Spokane, I noted that the China flights were the most canceled (SeaTac was a mess). I wondered if someone would charter a flight or three to fly our athletes over to China. I am trying to imagine an athlete other than some athletes of games of the ball who have been in the news the last two months who WOULDNT want the vax.....
Alexa was wearing an N 95 even in practice.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It was mentioned at the end today's Pairs broadcast on Peacock that they had tested positive for covid. It was the Pairs/Dance feed with commentary during the C/J K&C.
Thanks! I watch the World feed.

Joe Mendoza

Virtuously Shady Diva
Final Flight
looks like the olympic selection for pairs is happening in 1 minute - is this broadcast anywhere?

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I don't see it broadcast but news outlets announced Cain-Gribble & LeDuc and Knierim & Frazier named to the Olympic Team. I have not seen alternates listed yet.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Brandon Frazier says he feels recovered already.

World assignments and alternates are the same as the Olympics.

4CC entries are: Chan & Howe, Lu & Mitrofanov and McBeath & Bartholomay

Jr Worlds entries are: Martins/Bedard, Smirnova & Siianytsia (alternates Rivers & Chapman would need to get the minimum scores yet and Fleming/Finster)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

The worlds, junior World's, and 4cc teams and alternates were just announced.

2022 World Championships

Ashley Cain-Gribble and Timothy LeDuc

Alexa Knierim and Brandon Frazier

Alternate 1 – Jessica Calalang and Brian Johnson
Alternate 2 – Audrey Lu and Misha Mitrofanov
Alternate 3 – Emily Chan and Spencer Howe

2022 Four Continents Championships
Emily Chan and Spencer Howe
Audrey Lu and Misha Mitrofanov
Katie McBeath and Nathan Bartholomay

No alternates

2022 World Junior Championships
Isabelle Martins and Ryan Bedard
Anastasiia Smirnova and Danil Siianytsia

Alternate 1 – Catherine Rivers and Timothy Chapman*
Alternate 2 – Cate Fleming and Chase Finster

So not even 4Cs for Jessica and Brian...otoh Olympics is not mentioned in this press release.

Very thought provoking.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States

So not even 4Cs for Jessica and Brian...otoh Olympics is not mentioned.

Very thought provoking.
People think first alternates are intentionally not being named to 4CCs in order to keep them healthy as Lindsay was also not named to 4CC. I guess we will see if the pattern holds for dance and men.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
People think first alternates are intentionally not being named to 4CCs in order to keep them healthy as Lindsay was also not named to 4CC. I guess we will see if the pattern holds for dance and men.
Wow. Calalang and Johnson get…nothing? That kind of surprises me. I thought they would be named to Worlds, at least.

Congratulations to the Four Continents team, excellent selections there!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Brandon Frazier says he feels recovered already.

Jr Worlds entries are: Martins/Bedard, Smirnova & Siianytsia (alternates Rivers & Chapman would need to get the minimum scores yet and Fleming/Finster)
Rivers and Chapman!!!!❤️ I don’t follow juniors that much, is there a comp they can go to before then?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

So not even 4Cs for Jessica and Brian...otoh Olympics is not mentioned in this press release.

Very thought provoking.
I believe they will announce them and dance today during the men’s. I have no inside knowledge, just makes sense given the women’s team.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow. Calalang and Johnson get…nothing? That kind of surprises me. I thought they would be named to Worlds, at least.

Congratulations to the Four Continents team, excellent selections there!
I am a C/J fan, but I do think with only 2 spots given the Nationals result this is the correct decision. C-G/L have been more consistent this year and won the National championship. It’s been pretty close and if C/J had placed 1st I think it would have gone the other way.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Do you have a link to the Olympic team announcement? I can’t find it.