2022 World Junior Championships: Pairs Free Skate | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2022 World Junior Championships: Pairs Free Skate

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I imagine Canada would get three also? Bronze and I think 7th, for two entries?
yup indeed... but skate canada will have to make sure teams get out to get their minimums... panetta trasher were just substitutes for this as the selected team had very little isu competition experience and didn't make the minimums... i am thinking BB will move up too

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Two competitions in a row: disaster for US teams in both dance and pairs. Hope this doesn't continue tomorrow for the singles events.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can someone please explain why flowers are given at medal ceremonies still?
It makes it nice. It's similar to the prima ballerina getting an armload of roses as she takes her bows.

Before the stuffy era, figure skating fans tossed real bouquets onto the ice, same as throwing flowers at dancers' feet.

They put a stop to real flowers because the leaves and such would come off and make it difficult to clear the ice.

Of course, I'm old school and charmingly sexist in a gallant Fred Astaire 1930's musical sort of way, so I think the flowers should be reserved for ladies only.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
so what does one do when they receive a grocery delivery and it contains things not ordered that one would never eat? like canned whipped cream and salami ? what is more awful? putting these things in the garbage or in my body?
Throw the canned whipped cream away. Eat the salami.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
I thought this was a pretty good pairs event. Considering the small number of entries, it gives me hope for the future of pairs skating. :pray:

Does Georgia have enough pairs to fill all the three spots? If I recall correctly Metelkina/Parkman aren't age eligible
I don't know of any other junior eligible Georgian pairs. But seeing how well Safina/Berulava have done in the space of less than a year, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a couple of young teams switching from Russia soon.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
You’d think someone would have had an Australian flag for them…
(Waves a virtual Australian flag)

I thought they were terrific! Really, I enjoyed them more than the (more technically accomplished) Georgians, who did not look as sparkling here as they did in their senior comps. (Understandably, as it’s been a long, difficult season for them.)

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
It makes it nice. It's similar to the prima ballerina getting an armload of roses as she takes her bows.

Before the stuffy era, figure skating fans tossed real bouquets onto the ice, same as throwing flowers at dancers' feet.

They put a stop to real flowers because the leaves and such would come off and make it difficult to clear the ice.

Of course, I'm old school and charmingly sexist in a gallant Fred Astaire 1930's musical sort of way, so I think the flowers should be reserved for ladies only.
The gents can always give their flowers to a lady — perhaps a coach or mom?

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maybe it's just I'm thinking that "Well thanks, they're pretty. But what am I going to do with them? They're going to die fast....." Whereas a medal, can keep forever.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm so freakin' emotional watching it back tis morning!? I've seen Hektor for years and years, I always think of him and Darian as so smol (he did not really grow until the last two years, trust me). And here he is, with Anastasia, and they are Junior World Silver Medallists?! WHAT?! I'm so proud of them!