2022 Worlds: Women's SP - Thoughts? | Golden Skate

2022 Worlds: Women's SP - Thoughts?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

There were some pretty good performances from the ladies today!

“I was very speedy today,” said Sakamoto. “The jumps were a bit wobbly, but I was still able to pull them off, so it was good today.”

The two-time Japanese National Champion is still basking in the afterglow of her bronze-medal win at the Olympics, but feels she may have lost sight of her goal.

“The past three weeks weren’t that great, but Worlds is about winning three slots for the coming year,” the 21-year-old from Kobe pointed out. “I usually do poorly at Worlds, so I want to finish both short and free program with a perfect skate.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I am thrilled to see the US Teams on top of the leader board! A nice small medal for Brandon and Alexa and a great start for both pairs. I will be thrilled, I mean THRILLED, to see either pair stay in the top 3 after the free. Tai and Randy will be thrilled. :cheer:

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
I found it kind of boring to be fair. Kaori did what she can do and what we saw already, nothing new. And her goal is to win 3 spots :bang: - girl, you are golden, make it worthy. Alisa and Wakaba and You, what about your 3As? If a bronze medal or top 5 is a good award for you all, then I'm bored :shrug: Nicole and Mariah were the only one giving something extra we didn't see from them this season, and i see why the judges rewarded them (y)

Last edited:

icybear

Medalist
I'm surprised that with the big guns conveniently out of the race, and the world champ gold literally handed on a silver platter for them, none of the ladies with a 3a bothered to attempt one. It was like a game of who was gonna be the biggest chicken.

BlackAxel

Final Flight
Absolutely loved Kaori's SP! She has my favorite SP out of all the ladies this season. I will say that it is nice to finally have a fair AND clean competition.

gotoschool

Medalist
I liked Young You's performance the best but she was way underscored. I would have her first.

Last edited:

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Sad for Lea in her home event :(

Thrilled for veterans Dasha, who had her best skate in a long time, and of course Nicole, who had her short program of a lifetime :clap:

Satisfied with the camera angle which showed Kaori's lutz entry slo-mo :)

Nervous for Loena who is skating with an injury 💗

Surprised that two of three Japanese skaters are in the third warm-up group and that Young You is not in the top 3. Does it mean that we still have a hope to see at least one 3A in the Free? :scratch2:

Looking forward to the Free skate indeed :party2:

Last edited:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am thrilled to see the US Teams on top of the leader board! A nice small medal for Brandon and Alexa

And a nice small medal for Ashley and Timothy!

Yeah, I know it's the wrong thread, but hey y'all, I couldn't help myself!! :jump::bsplit::ot::hijacked:

and a great start for both pairs. I will be thrilled, I mean THRILLED, to see either pair stay in the top 3 after the free. Tai and Randy will be thrilled. :cheer:

Dawn825

Medalist
I'm excited for the free, where we will hopefully see some triple axels. Gotta say, while I diasagree with some calls and scores and placements, the judging was at least grounded in reality. However Mana should definitely be in 7th or 8th, and Mariah in 5th or 6th.

rain

Record Breaker
I made some comments in the event thread, but wanted to just quickly come in and say how much I loved Mikutina from Austria. Her SP was different, fun and awesome. It was really too bad about the fall, because that program is a standout amidst sappy ballads and pretty princess music.

Last edited: