2023-24 French Championships | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2023-24 French Championships

icewhite

Record Breaker
And with her first 200+ score ever. Really, she should be the one people are talking about, in my humble opinion.

Well, people can always talk about her if they want to of course. I would certainly like more attention for the French skaters in general.

In the case of Lorine I have to admit she does not excite me. I wish her the best, she did great and she's on the rise but for now she does not capture me.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Okay okay, I meant 'relative' uproar among Serious FS Fans :slink::laugh: I am well aware that there isn't really anyone anywhere who would get endless talk...
There were 15 national competitions this past week. Some don't even have threads, if it weren't for @CaroLiza_fan , most would have no activity. I watched Four nations because the stream was the best, some had a paywall. And no discussion which Estonian man won, tight race...Mihhail won.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
There were 15 national competitions this past week. Some don't even have threads, if it weren't for @CaroLiza_fan , most would have no activity. I watched Four nations because the stream was the best, some had a paywall. And no discussion which Estonian man won, tight race...Mihhail won.

Awww, thank you so much for the kind words. :thank:

But, to be fair, I was only doing reminder posts for Championships that I had kids in. Or, in the case of Germany, that I had started watching and plan to watch the rest of on demand.

I would have loved to have done more, but I was struggling to keep on top of the ones I was doing as it was.

It is such a shame that so many clashed. It would be nice if they could be spread out more. But, that would only be possible if the Majors were held later in the season. And I can't see the ISU agreeing to do something as radical as that, just so that fans can follow more National Championships.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There usually isn't much interest in French Nationals, let's not pretend there would be endless talk about Adam and Luc otherwise.

Adam surely deserves more attention but apart from some fans he made the interest in him still seems very low compared to his level, and that's not due to Kévin but likely to him being French (there is no bigger scene of French figure skating fans) and not having made huge waves as a junior.

Not selecting a 26 year old (in case he wants to go) because it would do "irreparable harm to his confidence" seems :scratch2:

I think when put in the context of the Olympic Games in a couple of years, Euros and (perhaps) Worlds mean little at this stage of Kevin's career.

Could he have a brilliant redemptive skate at Europeans? Sure, and if he goes, I hope that's the outcome.

Could he continue the slide that he's on, considering his fragile-looking state at the moment and not having the time he needs to sort things mentally? Good Lord, I hope not, but I'm also not discounting the possibility and what that might mean in the long term.

I'm rooting for Kevin, whichever way this turns out.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
French Euro Team:

Women: Lorine Schild
Men: Kévin Aymoz, Luc Economides, Adam Siao Him Fa
Pairs: Camille Kovalev/Pavel Kovalev, Océane Piegad/Denys StrekalinIce
Dance: Loïcia Demougeot/Théo le Mercier, Marie Dupayage/Thomas Nabais, Evgeniia Lopareva/Geoffrey Brissaud

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Well, people can always talk about her if they want to of course. I would certainly like more attention for the French skaters in general.

In the case of Lorine I have to admit she does not excite me. I wish her the best, she did great and she's on the rise but for now she does not capture me.
Lorine currently looks like what she is: a skater transitioning up from Juniors who has the technical skills needed but has not yet learnt the art of performance. Her presentation skills will improve as she gains experience and confidence.

Last edited:

jorge2912

On the Ice
Country
Chile
I seen a video of Lea Serna at French championship and is great , very french FS and elegant costume I liked it even bring me memories of Sasha Cohen technically talking except for the fall during her triple Lutz. About Stephania is the first time I see her FS and is hard to say if is my favorite because her FS and Lorine are my favorites it could be a first place except for triple loop was under rotated she have a very good interpretation quality and Lorine is very technical and was perfect really .

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Okay okay, I meant 'relative' uproar among Serious FS Fans :slink::laugh: I am well aware that there isn't really anyone anywhere who would get endless talk...
well... here you go... the real uproar is the non-selection of Smart-Dieck for both worlds and Euros by the Spanish Fed, though they won their National title...

Move over Kévin, Adam and Lorine ;) Serious FS Fans are done talking about French Nationals... It took less than twelve hours.
:rock::slink:

icewhite

Record Breaker
Lorine currently looks like what she is: a skater transitioning up from Juniors who has the technical skills needed but has not yet learnt the art of performance. Her presentation skills will improve as she gains experience and confidence.

Well, it's not just performance but her skating simply looks a lot stiffer than that of Léa Serna. Such skills absolutely can but do not necessarily improve significantly with age. But yeah, she still has a lot of time.

emilinkaa

On the Ice
Country
Germany
I seen a video of Lea Serna at French championship and is great , very french FS and elegant costume I liked it even bring me memories of Sasha Cohen technically talking except for the fall during her triple Lutz. About Stephania is the first time I see her FS and is hard to say if is my favorite because her FS and Lorine are my favorites it could be a first place except for triple loop was under rotated she have a very good interpretation quality and Lorine is very technical and was perfect really .
Lea switched coaches in the fall, and I feel like she’s developed a lot since then. I’m excited to see how she improves next season.

jorge2912

On the Ice
Country
Chile
Lea switched coaches in the fall, and I feel like she’s developed a lot since then. I’m excited to see how she improves next season.
Yeah for that reason I seen her program more developed and even better than on the past, was for the better that decision of her ,I seen her in past season and it was like "she have a lot of potential but the coach don't know how to release Lea's full potential.

Budapest2006

Rinkside
I guess it was not mentioned before, so here is the french team for world championships, announced after nationals in december, from the official website of french fed :

𝙈𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙚𝙪𝙧𝙨
Kevin AYMOZ
Adam SIAO HIM FA

𝘿𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙨
Léa SERNA

𝘾𝙤𝙪𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙨
Camille KOVALEV/Pavel KOVALEV

𝘿𝙖𝙣𝙨𝙚
Loicia DEMOUGEOT/Théo LE MERCIER
Evgeniia LOPAREVA/Geoffrey BRISSAUD

Last edited: