2023-24 Japanese figure skating - pairs and ice dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Japanese figure skating - pairs and ice dance

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Utana Yoshida & Masaya Morita's programs
RD: Real Wild Child (Wild One), Wild Side, Wild Thing, choreographed by Cathy Reed and Kaitlyn Weaver
FD: Rise of the Phoenix, choreographed by Massimo Scali
Source: "We are only aiming at 1st at Nationals"

I am not sure whose song Wild Side is. They will debut it at Kinoshita Trophy this weekend. (The competitions are singles only. Ice dance and pairs have exhibitions.)
I have no idea about Rise of the Phoenix either. The Conchita song, perhaps?
Motley Crue? :pray:

yesterday

Record Breaker

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Challenger assignments from JSF are out:

Lombardia Trophy (Sept. 8-10 at Bergamo, Italy)
Men: Yuma Kagiyama, Nozomu Yoshioka,
Women: Hana Yoshida

Autumn Classic (Sept. 14-16 at Quebec, Canada)
Men: Sota Yamamoto
Women: Kaori Sakamoto, Mone Chiba
Pairs: Riku Miura/Ryuichi Kihara

Nebelhorn Trophy (Sept. 20-23 at Oberstdorf, Germany)
Men: Koshiro Shimada, Kazuki Tomono

Finlandia Trophy (Oct. 4-8 at Espoo, Finland)
Men: Kao Miura, Shun Sato
Women: Mai Mihara, Rinka Watanabe

Awesome.. I am going to aci. Wootttttt Sota and Kaori and RR.. jackpot.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
I watched videos of SaeLuca and YunaSumi. SaeLuca are very well matched. I think they spent the entire summer working on stroking and other basics, because they skate very well together. They performed single elements, which is unsurprising considering both are very new to pairs. The lift was a little scary, but the step sequence was fantastic. It's such a shame YunaSumi aren't junior age-eligible because they are looking really good. They already have confident double twists and throws, and the other elements were looking solid as well. Yuna fits right in as a pair girl, from her incredible extension to her fearlessness in the paired elements. I hope they stick together because I think this team has a lot of potential if they continue to train.

mikeko666

Final Flight
I watched videos of SaeLuca and YunaSumi. SaeLuca are very well matched. I think they spent the entire summer working on stroking and other basics, because they skate very well together. They performed single elements, which is unsurprising considering both are very new to pairs. The lift was a little scary, but the step sequence was fantastic. It's such a shame YunaSumi aren't junior age-eligible because they are looking really good. They already have confident double twists and throws, and the other elements were looking solid as well. Yuna fits right in as a pair girl, from her incredible extension to her fearlessness in the paired elements. I hope they stick together because I think this team has a lot of potential if they continue to train.
I also watched SaeLuca, YunaSumi and UtaMasa. Utana and Masaya are both experienced ice dancers and look like a very good match. They are ready to compete in senior and it's such a shame that JSF didn't get TBD in ice dance at NHK Trophy :mad:.

gleungc6

On the Ice
For those who haven’t seen videos yet:

YunaSumi.

SaeLuca

mikeko666

Final Flight
Tokyo Prefecture Summer Competitions 2023 (19-27 August)
Novice Ice Dance (FD only)
1. Nanoha Yahata / Yuga Takemasa 43.00
2. Yuna Takeuchi / Haruki Tsuchiya 37.06

Yuna and Haruki are performing at Friends on Ice (Shizuka's ice show) this weekend just like Nanoha and Yuga did last year.

Last edited: