2023-24 Russian Ice Dance | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Ice Dance

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
There's not only drama. Timur Babaev-Smirnov received a very unusual role in Averbukh show...

IMG_20231228_122358_030.jpg

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Okay, apparently she was in Junior Nationals as Aleksandra Shinkarenko/Vladislav Mikhailov . I will rewatch them to see...

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Okay, apparently she was in Junior Nationals as Aleksandra Shinkarenko/Vladislav Mikhailov . I will rewatch them to see...

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Shinkarenko/Mikhailov is the strongest junior couple in Maslennikova and Averbukh's group. They're on the national team. This season it seemed to me that there was some discord between them. So it wouldn't surprise me if they split.

Aleksandra seems quite tall for Angelopol. She is probably not the last option. However, finding a partner in the middle of the season is very difficult.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Shinkarenko/Mikhailov is the strongest junior couple in Maslennikova and Averbukh's group. They're on the national team. This season it seemed to me that there was some discord between them. So it wouldn't surprise me if they split.

Aleksandra seems quite tall for Angelopol. She is probably not the last option. However, finding a partner in the middle of the season is very difficult.
Yeah, but the earlier the couple is formed, the readier they will be for the next season. Anyway, fingers crossed and good luck to the guys. I mean, this season tossed two of my junior favs in disarray, so I am hoping next season will show successful partnerships for Kaganovskaya, Cirisano and Angelopol. Khavronina seems to have made her match...though if you go on this last year...lol. Holding my breath! I would love to see a bit less stagnation in RID.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I would love to see a bit less stagnation in RID.
While the top couples aren't as strong as SinKats, the mid-tier and lower-tier teams are clearly not stagnant.
Even if you look at the Olympic Nats:
1) There're only 14 couples. It was so bad that the federation didn't invite anyone to the last spot.
2) 11-13 places wouldn't make it to Nationals nowadays.

As for the future, I have more faith in strong juniors like Scherbakova/Goncharov.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
While the top couples aren't as strong as SinKats, the mid-tier and lower-tier teams are clearly not stagnant.
Even if you look at the Olympic Nats:
1) There're only 14 couples. It was so bad that the federation didn't invite anyone to the last spot.
2) 11-13 places wouldn't make it to Nationals nowadays.

As for the future, I have more faith in strong juniors like Scherbakova/Goncharov.
I didn't really pick anyone in juniors so far save for Gorshenina/Makarov, so I like the shifting between partnerships happening now, and I really hope to see something interesting from all the repairings. I liked Khavronina/Naryzhnyi this year despite the troubles they had. I dunno, next couple of years should tell, but I wouldn't jump to juniors too soon. Age and experience normally work in favor of ID.

NaVi

Medalist
Alexander Zhulin: “It has become more difficult to motivate athletes. What does the national team give now? That you are performing at the Channel One Cup"

It's frustrating to read stuff like this because the people arguing for keeping Russians out of skating internationally will zoom in first on Zhulin's previous comments. I hope Zhulin realizes that there's little chance that he specifically will be able to go to the competitions for his skaters if they're allowed back before the war ends.

Kittosuni

Medalist
Alexander Zhulin: “It has become more difficult to motivate athletes. What does the national team give now? That you are performing at the Channel One Cup"

It's frustrating to read stuff like this because the people arguing for keeping Russians out of skating internationally will zoom in first on Zhulin's previous comments. I hope Zhulin realizes that there's little chance that he specifically will be able to go to the competitions for his skaters if they're allowed back before the war ends.

A couple of weeks ago there was a proposed list that came out of athletes/coaches that are going to banned and if I remember it correctly, it's only Plushenko who is on the list. Was Zhulin also in that list?

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Aleksandra Shinkarenko/Valeri Angelopol have confirmed their partnership on the social media.

Aleksandra's former partner Vladislav Mikhailov has teamed up with Polina Pilipenko.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Rumours:
Prokopets/Vaskovich changed their coaches from Alekseeva and Kustarova to Maslennikova and Averbukh. Before that, there were rumors from different sources that they had a conflict with their team.

Last edited:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I was looking at tulup.ru and found this

Some former single skater is looking for an ice dance partner. She has switched this season.
Year of birth is 2007, height is 156 cm, CMS, participant and medalist of Russian Cup Stages, Nationans, Cup Final.
The name isn't revealed.

I wonder who could it be. Agneta Latushkina? Who else 'disappeared' this season?

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker

Some former single skater is looking for an ice dance partner. She has switched this season.
Year of birth is 2007, height is 156 cm, CMS, participant and medalist of Russian Cup Stages, Nationans, Cup Final.
The name isn't revealed.

I wonder who could it be. Agneta Latushkina? Who else 'disappeared' this season?
Has Agenta medalled in cup stages?
Does it have to be this season? If not then Maria Zakharova disappeared after tests skates and moscow championships last season.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Has Agenta medalled in cup stages?
I checked it, she had a gold

Does it have to be this season? If not then Maria Zakharova disappeared after tests skates and moscow championships last season.
I thought about her. Skaters on tulup often omit "junior". However, I've never seen anyone doing it with Nats because there are different words in Russian for it.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia

The name isn't revealed.

Upd. This is Natalia Lagutova.