2023 Tayside Trophy | Oct 14-15 | Golden Skate

2023 Tayside Trophy | Oct 14-15

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2023 Tayside Trophy is set to take place Oct 14-15, 2023, in Dundee, Scotland. The event will feature the Singles (Women and Men) and Pairs disciplines in the Novice, Junior and Senior categories and will be conducted in accordance with the ISU Constitution and General Regulations, the Special Regulations & Technical Rules Synchronized Skating, and the relevant ISU Communications.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
My goodness! :drama: Look how many of my kids are heading to Dundee! 😲

Senior Men: Dillon JUDGE (IRL)
Senior Ladies: Aleksandra GOLOVKINA (LTU)
Senior Pairs: Barbora KUCIANOVA / Martin BIDAR (CZE)
Junior Ladies: Anna-Flora Colmor JEPSEN (DEN)

On top of that, there are also a number of other skaters that I like who are entered.

If they both have a free livestream, I think I will be concentrating on this event rather than the Challenger Event, the Budapest Trophy. Over there, the only kids I have are Elisabet GERVITS (ISR) in Senior Ladies, and Sofía VAL / Asaf KAZIMOV (ESP) in Senior Ice Dance.

Plus, the Dundee club always do a great job with their coverage. They deserve as many viewers as possible.

CaroLiza_fan

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Donovan and Sam:hap10:

I have a must attend all day event next Saturday:frown:, so no short for me, but maybe the long? Hope there are videos, Sam's sort of Bollywood SP is <chef's kiss>

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just been looking through the entries for the Interclub part of the event.

I see that Saoirse O'Sullivan (IRL) is entered in both the SP and FS at National 7 (i.e. Junior) level. So, it mightn't be long until Ted has to deal with her name on the Junior GP circuit! :devil:

Apart from the two Southern Irish girls (Justyna Tkacheva being the other, although she is only entered in the FS at Advanced Novice level), there are also a good number of skaters coming over from Northern Ireland (6 from the Dundonald club). And there is also an American girl doing the SP and FS at National 6 (Advanced Novice) level, and a Belgian girl in the Intermediate FS.

There is also a girl in the Basic Novice FS who has a Slovenian flag next to her name, but she is actually representing the Slough club! :p The software clearly got confused by the "SLO" abbreviation. (It's times like this that I wish that the ISU used the "SVN" abreviation for Slovenia that the ISO uses...)

And, of course, there are a LOT of skaters from the Scottish clubs. Including a Basic Novice Pairs partnership!

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The 2023 Tayside Trophy starts with an Advanced Novice double-bill. 14 girls (two groups of 7); followed by a group of 7 boys.

Unfortunately, the MotoGP Sprint Race starts at the same time, so I will not be able to watch LIVE.

Livestream for the Advanced Novice Ladies SP is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived livestream (starts at 5m 30s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqJpNSCO7Y0&t=329

Here is the Time Schedule:
http://www.iceresultsuk.org.uk/Dund...ADVNOV----QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
http://www.iceresultsuk.org.uk/Dundee/2023/TaysideTrophy/SEG015.htm

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just while the bikes are on their Warm-Up lap, I like the way that they showed the winning programme from the corresponding segment last year before this year's segment started. Nice idea.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Whoa! They're running ahead of schedule. The seven Advanced Novice boys are already on the ice! :drama:

Livestream for the Advanced Novice Men's SP is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived livestream (starts at 1h 20m 24s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqJpNSCO7Y0&t=4824

http://www.iceresultsuk.org.uk/Dund...ADVNOV----QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

http://www.iceresultsuk.org.uk/Dundee/2023/TaysideTrophy/SEG013.htm

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sorry, too quick off the mark.

A table appeared on screen as soon as the Zamboni came off the ice, and I panicked. But, it turns out that it was the Advanced Novice Ladies SP results table, rather than the Junior Ladies Start Order table.

Speaking of the Zamboni, I'm surprised that it will not be making an appearance during the upcoming segment. I'd have thought it would be out before Group 3 of the girls, rather than after Group 3.

By the way, since my kid is the first to skate, I'll watch her. But, then I've got other things to do before the British Superbikes come on at 12.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
After the Advanced Novice double-bill, it is now time for a Junior double-bill. 16 girls (two groups of 5; then a group of 6); followed by a ressurfacing; followed by 7 boys (a group of 3; then a group of 4).

Livestream for the Junior Ladies SP is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived livestream (starts at 2h 32m 29s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqJpNSCO7Y0&t=9149

http://www.iceresultsuk.org.uk/Dund...JUNIOR----QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

http://www.iceresultsuk.org.uk/Dundee/2023/TaysideTrophy/SEG009.htm

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Somebody gave a big cheer when Anna-Flora was introduced at the start of the Warm-Up.

I wonder if it was Leonora, or perhaps another family member...

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, she's got more than one supporter in the audience anyway! :biggrin: Couldn't make out what somebody shouted down at her.

Nice combination to start off with. She was verging on being too close to the boards, but she had enough room.

Dodgy landing on the second jump, and then weird fall when she was doing the strutting afterwards.

Next jump and spin were good.

And the jump and spins that she did after the weird squatting were good too. In fact, the rest of the programme was good.

She did appear to be tiring during the last 30 seconds or so.

Oh, if only I could understand Danish, because we could hear what she and her coach were saying. (No Leonora with her. 😞 I always like seeing the sisters together).

Into the lead (obviously!) with a score of 36.88.

Yipes, that's her lowest SP score since she was in Advanced Novices four seasons ago! :eek: Yes, there were mistakes, but I didn't think it warranted that!

:cheer: WELL DONE ANNA-FLORA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Finished what I was watching just in time for my fellow islander coming on.

☘️ ALL THE BEST SOPHIA!!! ☘️

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
£*("%£)*%Q!£()$&!(£&%(£&%(*^

A "Stream Unavailable" suspension message came up towards the end of Sophia's SP. :mad: :mad: :mad:

But, up until then, it looked VERY good. The best I have seen her skate in a long time.

By the time the stream came back, the next skater had already started. So, with the live scoring playing up (it only has Anna-Flora's scores up), I have no idea how Sophia scored. But, I look forward to seeing how she got on when the SP results are uploaded.

:cheer: WELL DONE SOPHIA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I just looked at the chat, and the person who is in contol of the stream wants to know who it was that the stream went down on. And they will try to upload the videos of what was missed later.

So, if somebody is watching and is signed into YouTube, could you let them know that we missed the end of #11 Sophia Tkacheva (IRL) and the start of #12 SelmaSiri LARSEN (DEN).

Thank you

CaroLiza_fan