2023 Four Continents Rhythm Dance | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2023 Four Continents Rhythm Dance

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
That is a LOT of chest in the k&c 😳
That's what I thought. I'm sure the cutaway costumes of today are more comfortable than the covered-up costumes we wore in my era (1970s). My pairs partner's shirt would be sopping wet by the last minute of our programs.

By the way, who cobbled together that makeshift Kiss and Cry bus shelter? Half the women are just climbing up the front of it instead of taking the long way around, and many of them are tiny girls who need a boost! It looks so incomplete and tacky in a long shot. They should take a look at the much better one that was built for the recent Canadian championships

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
Ice is slippery
I was in the audience at the 1988 Canadian championships in Victoria, BC, the last chance before the '88 Olympics so I'm sure all the skaters were nervous. Everyone was falling in all the disciplines, but it was noticeable that most of the skids, slips and falls were happening in the corner where the Zamboni gate was. It got so that when a skater started to set up a jump in that quarter of the rink the audience was gasping, "No, no, don't do it there!"

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
the only way to answer this:
giphy.gif
I will never not love this! Poor Maurizio!!!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Well, after reading the horror stories of the RD, I'm happy to see Chock and Bates in the lead. It will be interesting to see if they can hold on for the win. Good Momentum heading into to Worlds.

I will never not love this! Poor Maurizio!!!
I wonder if anyone has asked Babs since the famous stare what was she thinking? If looks could kill.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
FB/S are way closer to C/B than I thought they would be, especially with C/B on home ice. Having had to watch it all season I can say without a doubt that I hate C/B's rhythm dance this season, which is a huge disappointment because theirs was one of my favourites last season. I can't stand the music. I don't mind not going traditional latin, but this sounds dated in a bad way over the arena speakers. I'll just grit my teeth through one last round at worlds.

Yay for Lajoie/Lagha, who I thought were actually a bit lowballed, especially on PCS. Again, it's an absolute crime they cannot go to worlds this season.

Green and Parsons put themselves right out of it. I don't see the standings of the top 5 changing at all.
Green and Parsons are lucky they have already been named to the world team otherwise that could be in jeopardy.