2023 Four Continents Rhythm Dance | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2023 Four Continents Rhythm Dance

Andrea82

Medalist
Detailed marks

Keen (Canada), Krauziene (Lithuania) and Yang (China) had FB/S leading. We are talking about 0.0x gaps in some cases
Taking (Japan) had FB/S 1st in PCS
USA and China had Carreira/Ponomarenko into 3rd.
New Zealand judge managed to have Green/Parsons 4st over C/P.
Krauziene (Lithuania), Williamson (New Zealand) and Fernandez (Great Britain) had Green/Parson third in PCS. Moritz (Australia) had a tie in PCS between G/P and L/L. Krauziene tied G/P and C/P in PCS over L/L. All very close, obviously.
Keen (Canada) "destroyed" both Carreria/Ponomoarenko and Green/Parsons.

Last edited:

yesterday

Record Breaker
So, wow. Ice dancers showing how slippery that is. Unusual but sooo understandable really.
With this you can see how amazing all that usual consistency actually is :bow:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
OMG iconic!

But seriously though poor Charlie! The last fall especially was like some sort slapstick pratfall. He must have wondered if he was having a nightmare!

Having said that, it was a super engaging program! I'll have to track down a no-fall version.

PS. Imagine if this had been Barbara F-P and Maurizio?! "And he was never heard from or seen again"

Last edited:

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Having said that, it was a super engaging program! I'll have to track down a no-fall version.
Commentary for 2008 SC 1 week before

No commentary for 4CC

Last edited:

yesterday

Record Breaker
OMG iconic!

But seriously though poor Charlie! The last fall especially was like some sort slapstick pratfall. He must have wondered if he was having a nightmare!

PS. Imagine if this had been Barbara F-P and Maurizio?! "And he was never heard from or seen again"

the only way to answer this:
giphy.gif

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Hmmm what a struggle. Chock and Bates should win on reputation alone but I am really disappointed in their development. They do not look as wonderful as their US National scores. THe Danadians are prone to errors and somes say the male is weak (mind you Chock and Bates have had their criticisms as well. Still I would have expected a commanding 4 pt lead or so and visually I saw two teamspretty even. REally sad about the Green and Parsons. Ddin't expect the fall from grace so to speak but they will rebound. Iliked LaLa and L a Le despite the errors. To be honest I love Dai and he is a good skater but I am not so sure he really is that great at ice dancing. It helps there is no competition in Japan. Sometimes I am holding my breath with some of their dance moves. I believe CB will win her and worlds in part because of Piper's health issues but I am not all that impressed by their skating. I expected them to just blow the field this year and that isn't happening other than nationals which I suspect had some home cooking.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's well worth a watch. It was early in their career, but they never fell, certainly not like that.

Meryl said it was the first time she took leadership in the team; she gave him lots of reassurance. Before that, she'd always thought of Charlie as being the team leader. After, they shared it. :)
It made them stronger. They were such an interesting team. Charlie used to help Meryl remember the steps in their programs from a young age. She did a TED talk about her dyslexia..

rain

Record Breaker
FB/S are way closer to C/B than I thought they would be, especially with C/B on home ice. Having had to watch it all season I can say without a doubt that I hate C/B's rhythm dance this season, which is a huge disappointment because theirs was one of my favourites last season. I can't stand the music. I don't mind not going traditional latin, but this sounds dated in a bad way over the arena speakers. I'll just grit my teeth through one last round at worlds.

Yay for Lajoie/Lagha, who I thought were actually a bit lowballed, especially on PCS. Again, it's an absolute crime they cannot go to worlds this season.

Green and Parsons put themselves right out of it. I don't see the standings of the top 5 changing at all.

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
Karma Chameleon in a medley with You Spin Me Round (Like A Record) just to invoke Boy George feuding with Pete Burns.

(granted, I'm pretty sure Boy George feuded with literally everyone)
I'm feeling ignorant here. I spent that decade ferrying my kids to KidSkate lessons (also Snow Bunnies for skiing and Tots in Tutus for dance). I have never heard of most of the performers or songs mentioned here. That wasn't what was playing in my car in those years. Sounds like I'll be able to listen to ice dance music with a fresh ear next season!

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
Hooray LaLa! Sparkling energy and fun to watch.
I'm always entertained by seeing Lagha turn the exuberant performance expression on and off like someone flipped a light switch. Off ice -- stone-faced serious. Step on ice, music starts -- dazzling smile, flirting with the audience/camera/judges like you'd swear the off-ice person would be too embarrassed to do. Music ends -- hit the switch and turn off the lights again.