2023 Golden Spin of Zagreb: General Info | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2023 Golden Spin of Zagreb: General Info

Debrah

On the Ice
That is so sad, Well it seems Roman and Gaby Daleman have cornered the market for bad luck! May they both be blessed with good fortune and strong healing energy from now on! Bring on Nationals! Good news is that I can now devote myself to watching JR and SR GPF comps Yippee! Now to change my GS predictions. Wondering if Jin will have to WD too, if he was also travelling from Toronto and not China?

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Traveling from/through Toronto in the winter... only bad experiences for me... not like I have done it a billion times, but EVERY time I flew during the winter through Toronto it was problematic. Every time. But nothing beats a flight from Calgary when we were told to use the washrooms before boarding because they were out of order once on the plane as they had frozen up. So yeah. We, the North !

So sad for Roman. I was so looking forward to seeing him compete. :(

islandpaddler

On the Ice
Country
US-Virgin-Islands

This is the live stream.

It is not free.

It is 6.99 EUR per day.
No stream.

Watch the 55th Golden Spin of Zagreb 2023 live and on-demand!​

UPDATE:

Dear friends of figure skating,

We have just received the information that this event will not be broadcast after all.

We have been looking for a solution for months and finally received positive signals. But the sad reality is that there will be no live stream.

We are really sorry because we too would have loved to see this highlight. All tickets were refunded immediately.

- Solidsport Figure Skating Team

icewhite

Record Breaker
I don't really get the problems to have a livestream. Everyone can stream from their bedroom nowadays. Sure, you need some server capacity for bigger events, but I doubt the demand for an event like this, now, will be through the roof.
Often the streaming is pretty crap anyway. A stationary cellphone camera in a good position and most fans will be content, but okay.

gleungc6

On the Ice
I don't really get the problems to have a livestream. Everyone can stream from their bedroom nowadays. Sure, you need some server capacity for bigger events, but I doubt the demand for an event like this, now, will be through the roof.
Often the streaming is pretty crap anyway. A stationary cellphone camera in a good position and most fans will be content, but okay.
It could be about music rights?

YukiNieve

Rinkside
So there will be no live stream after all.
(sorry I cannot get rid of the attachment. Can somebody tell me how?)

Attachments

• 1701812384287.png
    1701812384287.png
    84.9 KB · Views: 42

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi,

I am from Zagreb and usually, the only person sitting in all Golden Spin competitions, tweeting for the sake of international community.

Klizaliste Velesajam is one rink. This is why Golden Spin wil take 4 days, as there is no other rink for Practice. Next rink is about an hour away in a small town called Sisak, where last 2 Golden Spins took place. That rink is not completely closed so it is pretty freezing. I hate it. Last Golden spin was the first one in my adult life that I missed as I did not want to get sick sitting there.

Those that have visitied Zagreb for Euros in 2013, know that Velesajam was the practice rink for Dom Sportova arena that has been very damaged in 2020 and should go into reconstruction in 2024. I remain sceptical about this subject.

Regarding live stream. IDK what to tell you. Apparently it is touchy subject for the Organizators and the ISU has no proper aparatus to push them as a mandatory thing for hosting a Challanger. I will do my best but my contact is no loger there so it is what it is.

I will be tweeting @GoldenSpin

Thanks for the info!

Many of your users don't use twitter. Will you be posting reports in the Competition threads as well?

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I was going to buy but decided to do it on last minutes just in case of issues. Should ISU finally think some other place for this event?

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
I don't really get the problems to have a livestream. Everyone can stream from their bedroom nowadays.
They used to have a livestream when the event was held in Dom Sportova arena, the only exception I remember was one season when Croatian TV bought broadcasting rights. Then when the competition relocated in Sisak because of the earthquake in Zagreb, there was no stream. But I suppose it wasn't top priority for the organisers then, the main task was to held the event live. And this year they have some problems in their spare ice-rink which used to be just a practise one in previous years.

GoldenBullet83

Rinkside
Country
Germany
So there will be no live stream after all.
(sorry I cannot get rid of the attachment. Can somebody tell me how?)
This sucks :( I was so looking forward to this. This is so poor from the organisers. How can the last challenger of the year (B final basically) not be streamed. Sadly it is not surpirisng that the Croatian federation have done this, based on the experience of the last few years. But this is really bad. @kosjenka Do you know what the problem is?

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
We do have an Entries / Results page now:

https://www.croskate.hr/cscro2023/

And I am afraid that there have been three more withdrawals since I copied over the entries lists this morning for making out my predictions.

Men: Roman SADOVSKY (CAN)
Ladies: Kristen SPOURS (GBR)
Ice Dance: Karla Maria KARL / Kai HOFERICHTER (DEU)

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Last season was a season of music issues. This season is a season of missing skates
☹️