2023 Finlandia Trophy: General Info | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2023 Finlandia Trophy: General Info

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Pneumonia can really wear you out. I’ve had it 25 times- occupational hazard when I used to see patients. I finally got vaccinated after the last bout and have done well so far. Be patient and take care to rest and hydrate a lot. It feels like you will never be well agin, but you will.
you should see me... i drink like a fish :) (water and herbal tea)... thanks for the well wishes... I wonder about the pneumonia vaccination too. I will talk to my doc about it.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
@dorispulaski
I noticed there isn’t a Free Dance thread for Finlandia yet
That is true. The RD will not be competed until tomorrow. I generally put a long program thread right after the RD or SP is competed. But if you like, I can put it up now, but it will have to be locked because it will not be complete.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That is true. The RD will not be competed until tomorrow. I generally put a long program thread right after the RD or SP is competed. But if you like, I can put it up now, but it will have to be locked because it will not be complete.
No that’s fine as is, just wasn’t sure if it had been missed or not. Better to ask.now I know.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Weather in Espoo today. Tuuli = wind puuskat = wind gusts. I am not feeling so bad because I can sit on my couch and watch but lets hope the audience will get there anyway. Sademäärä means amount of rain and sateen todennäköisyys = probability of rain.

PxKlElJw0rTYkrpkAoFrYPB4Dwicrt64OCC0lUiSepwGx7PZJ5x_krfNSk-iaZfwrMFW_gl9sD5OSDNwIiR_xBGWB8n3wqsUY-L84j7O_f7TRnsPuVGCWSzTtme19zFiN_yYOwQMGWVrw8ZhNgHLvNM

auser

Record Breaker
except Canada :) we may be growing maple cactus but everything has to be livestreamed for free : one of the reasons : transparency, so people all over the country can see their competitors and how they are judged.

I agree with you though : they should make the streaming free for everything. Again, Canada has free streaming for all GPs and Worlds through CBC. This is not made possible by Skate Canada (unlike the other events). It's made possible with tax money.

So I am not sure what to say... For once, Canada is doing things right when it comes to sport (well streaming of said sport)... So I wonder why other countries can not look what's done here and copy it. :)
I love Canada!

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
It could be a solution to make free stream with ads and if somebody does not want ads, then pay. That is exactly the stream I use (only available in Finland) is like. I pay a little extra without ads. It is not free with ads, though, but the principle could be the same than in Youtube, or why not co-operate with Youtube at the same way as JGP does? Challenge series has taken it place, there are top skaters and most skaters like to take part in them. But the amount of skaters vary. I realize it is not free to broadcast, but they do get ads to other streams so it would not be difficult to find sponsors and free stream means more viewers anyway. Even local nationals have sponsors in Finland.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
The replay of yesterday's official stream on SolidSports is still not working. Does anyone else have this issue, or is it something in my settings? Live streaming yesterday worked flawlessly.