2023 Autumn Classic: General Info | Golden Skate

2023 Autumn Classic: General Info

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2023 Autumn Classic is the second in a series of nine events of the 2023-24 Figure Skating Challenger Series and is scheduled to take place in Pierrefonds, QC, Canada, September 14-16, 2023. There were originally 10 events planned for this season, however, IceChallenge was cancelled.

The event will feature all four figure skating disciplines (Men, Women, Ice Dance, and Pairs) and will be conducted in accordance with the 2022 ISU Constitution and General Regulations, the ISU Special Regulations & Technical Rules for Single & Pair Skating, the Technical Rules for Ice Dance 2023/24 (ISU Communication 2560), and relevant ISU Communications.

The event will count towards ISU World Standing Points, Minimum Total Technical Score, Challenger Series in Figure Skating Ranking and Prize Money.

The Challenger Series is an International Figure Skating Series, introduced during the 2014-15 season. Through ISU support, the objective is to ensure the proper and consistent organization and conduct of up to 10 International Competitions linked together within the Challenger Series. The Series gives adequate opportunities for many skaters to compete at the international senior level and earn World Standing Points. The Series also increases the opportunity for Officials to officiate at an international level.

To be considered for the Challenger Series, the competition must have at least three disciplines (Men, Women, Pair Skating, Ice Dance) from a minimum of 10 different ISU Members in all disciplines combined.

Last edited:

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
Tickets are now available
Good ol' Pierrefonds Arena. Skated there for one season in the 1980s while living in Pointe-Claire. Only memories are of enviously watching Charlene Wong, at her peak, practise, and of me tripping on a forward spiral and landing so hard my diaphragm went into a spasm. For the longest probably-just-seconds I could neither inhale nor exhale. Knelt on the ice making crowing noises while a first-aid person tried to rush to help, fell, and needed more first aid than I did. Other than that, it was a really nice arena:rock:. Lots of glass and light.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Good ol' Pierrefonds Arena. Skated there for one season in the 1980s while living in Pointe-Claire. Only memories are of enviously watching Charlene Wong, at her peak, practise, and of me tripping on a forward spiral and landing so hard my diaphragm went into a spasm. For the longest probably-just-seconds I could neither inhale nor exhale. Knelt on the ice making crowing noises while a first-aid person tried to rush to help, fell, and needed more first aid than I did. Other than that, it was a really nice arena:rock:. Lots of glass and light.
I loved Charlene Wong. Not the hardest jumps but gorgeous skating. Pierrefonds hosts many events... I am going there next weekend for CQÉ... The pairs and dance fields are better than some challengers :)

Marirue

On the Ice
unfortunately... I am not able to see Edrian at CQE but i have tickets for the long program day for ACI ... I love my Edrian :)
Besides Edrian that Sofia Frank and PH Pairs Gamez and Korovin are also joining there as well.

Not to mention that the men's event is really fun with a lot of hilarity particularly with Memola's height gag along with the audience's reaction to Donovan's SP.

Last edited:
Country
Norway
Wow, it was suggested that the absence of Canadians skaters at Lombardia Trophy was because of Autumn Classic, but they are only sending one man and women to Autumn Classic?!!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
This is RIDICULOUS.
Why not send more singles skaters to a home event? Seriously !!!! There is absolutely NO limit on the number of local entries in Challengers. They could have also added more pairs and especially more dance teams....

I am very unhappy this morning with reading the list of entries...

Silver lining, I get to see LaLa for the first time live. I also get to see Deanna and Max and Nic and Emma again...

Skate Canada is really good at shooting themselves in the foot. With watching the summer competitions, we can see the talent. It's obviously there.... BUt the skaters do not deliver on the consistency. They will never do if they cannot skate these events.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
See. I am so upset I didn't even notice I'd see Donovan. UGH

I don't blame you for being upset. I don't understand not filling every slot you can with homegrown talent.

Donovan and Boyang only *train* in Canada, and they will be there. SC assignments makes no sense.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I don't blame you for being upset. I don't understand not filling every slot you can with homegrown talent.

Donovan and Boyang only *train* in Canada, and they will be there. SC assignments makes no sense.

Mark and Edrian are also training in Canada, as a matter of fact they are "also" Canadian.... but yeah... I just do not get it. With Skate Canada around the corner, one would think of giving a dress rehearsal to some of our skaters like Roman, Conrad, Sara-Maude, etc and on top of that, it would be a good idea to send someone like Gabby to an early challenger (if she is ready to skate, we will see this weekend) as she has absolutely no assignment after last season's difficulties...

I could talk about this for hours, i have for years... nothing changes.