2023 GP de France Entries | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023 GP de France Entries

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Ivan Shmuratko posted this on Twitter right after the news 👀

That would be great. I was sad when his injury took him out of the rest of last season. Given everything else that is going on for the Ukrainian skaters, there must have been some really dark times for him with being injured at the same time. His performance at last year's French GP was one of the most powerful I've ever seen from an emotional point of view.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Okay, I'm confused? I thought Shmuratko hinted at going to a GP in Europe yesterday? Or perhaps there's a WD in Finland that hasn't been made public yet... or the post just meant he'd watch the GP.
Regardless, congrats to Gogolev! He's shown in Autumn Classic that he has the goods, and it's good he got the opportunity.

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Nothing against Gogolev, but I had really hoped for Shmuratko. Well.
I will admit that I'm kind of disappointed. It would have been nice if NHK Trophy had selected Gogolev instead of France choosing him. That would still have given him 2 GPs. I doubt there is much difference in cost for Gogolev given that he trains in California (which is closer to Japan than to France), whereas cost could be a big issue for someone like Shmuratko. I know that the ISU is helping Ukrainian skaters, but I doubt that covers all their living, training and competition costs.

icewhite

Record Breaker
I think men's here will have the 3 WC medalists of 2024.
Unfortunately I can't make it to France, but I'm still thrilled to watch.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I will admit that I'm kind of disappointed. It would have been nice if NHK Trophy had selected Gogolev instead of France choosing him. That would still have given him 2 GPs. I doubt there is much difference in cost for Gogolev given that he trains in California (which is closer to Japan than to France), whereas cost could be a big issue for someone like Shmuratko. I know that the ISU is helping Ukrainian skaters, but I doubt that covers all their living, training and competition costs.
I think the host covers the expenses for skaters