2023 NHK Trophy Entries | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2023 NHK Trophy Entries

icewhite

Record Breaker
Or maybe end the invitation system and have a non negotiable list of who is going to get the next available spot... and end the host spots because they are annoying me anyway.

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Am I right in thinking that there's still a spot for an Ice Dance Team? I hope they fill it before the weekend.

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
and end the host spots because they are annoying me anyway.

Host spots are very important to boost audience attendance though. 1 host country skater can bring family friends etc maybe even 10+ people each. Considering how sparse some of the GPs audience have been, every audience ticket counts.

I understand the frustration of having to watch lower-ranked host skaters who have no chance of competing with the bests of other countries, but I also understand that hosting a GP is super expensive so the least we can do to encourage countries to host is to give them host spots.

Anyway on a different but related topic, seems like Mai Mihara is still listed as going. Is there any deadline for WD and replacement to be announced? If she WD last minute, getting another Japanese woman to replace her will be easy - but I'm guessing the organizing team won't like it if she WD like 1 day before the SP :unsure:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Host spots are very important to boost audience attendance though. 1 host country skater can bring family friends etc maybe even 10+ people each. Considering how sparse some of the GPs audience have been, every audience ticket counts.

I understand the frustration of having to watch lower-ranked host skaters who have no chance of competing with the bests of other countries, but I also understand that hosting a GP is super expensive so the least we can do to encourage countries to host is to give them host spots.

Anyway on a different but related topic, seems like Mai Mihara is still listed as going. Is there any deadline for WD and replacement to be announced? If she WD last minute, getting another Japanese woman to replace her will be easy - but I'm guessing the organizing team won't like it if she WD like 1 day before the SP :unsure:
In the case of Mai, she may have the intention to skate and be healthy enough to do so. It's also possible that someone has been called and is on stand by in case she is not able to compete. When it's a local skater like this, it's very easy to organize.