2023 JGP Cup of Austria Men's Short Program | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2023 JGP Cup of Austria Men's Short Program

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Adam with an amazing skate as well:cheer2::cheer:

I know this song might be overplayed at this point but I still love it so much.
Glad to hear my son did well, seems he is improving. I first adopted him at 4CCs, I think he was 13 or 14, and wearing glasses...

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Probably one of Beck's last international competitions. :(
He ages out of juniors this season, and despite the inconsistency of the current crop of American men, he will have issues competing without even a 3A.

He's a good skater, no doubt, with nice jumps and skating skills, but I was actually expecting more outward expressiveness based on the opening few seconds. He started getting very focused on his elements sometime after that.
You think he will retire? I mean Sam Mindra went senior with no 3A. Unless I am thinking of another skater.

Last edited:

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
You think he will retire? I mean Sam Mindra went senior with no 3A. Unless I am thinking of another skater.
Didn't talk about retirement, but about his chances of getting assigned to international competitions. I have no idea if he'll retire young, or if he might end up doing collegiate skating, or whatever else he wants to do.

In the same vein, Sam has had one singular international competition since he went senior, and, full offense to USFSA, streams or videos from domestic competitions are rarely accessible these days, so there's very little footage of his skating actually out there, which is a shame. And that's kind of what I'm expecting to happen to Beck too.

yuki@thelake

On the Ice
Meaning??? What's up with Robert???
He's nowhere this season. He's not been to any NQS as yet. No 2023 U.S. Junior Team Cup appearance, no Cranberry International. No JGP or international assignments. Let's see if he makes any appearance in the last NQS competitions.

Last I heard, he doesn't want to move up to seniors but feels he's done everything he wants at the junior level. He started at Fordham U this year. Kinda like Eric Prober, who disappeared after winning the junior men at nationals.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He's nowhere this season. He's not been to any NQS as yet. No 2023 U.S. Junior Team Cup appearance, no Cranberry International. No JGP or international assignments. Let's see if he makes any appearance in the last NQS competitions.

Last I heard, he doesn't want to move up to seniors but feels he's done everything he wants at the junior level. He started at Fordham U this year. Kinda like Eric Prober, who disappeared after winning the junior men at nationals.

So it sounds as though both Robert decided that they wanted to explore life outside of skating. Good for him.

Do we have any clue that is what Beck wants to do?

Jumping off, if he wants to move up to seniors, I hope he does, he is a charming skater, and if he gets fewer or "lesser" international assignments that won't detract from my enjoyment of watching him skate.

On topic, he had great skates here, as did all the medalists. The boys really brought it this time. :)

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
^^^^^^
^^^^^^
Thanks. I was wondering why Robert wasn't assigned any Jr GP comps. I liked him and was into seeing him develop. Fordham is my Alma Mater and near me so maybe I'll see him in person (assuming he's going to the Lincoln Center Campus). But then again, I haven't seen Camden and he's just a bit north of me at CU, Alma Mater#2.