2023 JGP Cup of Austria Pairs Free Skate | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2023 JGP Cup of Austria Pairs Free Skate

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
told them: Go for Graz, go for Graz, not for Linz.
They didn't listen me at all.
In Graz half of the stands should easily be occupied only by @CrazyKittenLady 's cats :D

If we would have had skating in Graz, the cats and me (in the back of the car):

1693583838768.png

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
yeah... don't jump the gun too quickly. I am not sure what is happening in the USA with all the recent reshuffling but in Canada, all teams on top and there are 5 or 6 + Izzo -Ferland are hoping to get there. Nobody is planning to retire before the games as nobody has made it yet to the games. That's Deanna and Max, Brooke and Ben, Lia and Trennt, Nic and Emma, Kelly Ann and Loucas, Caidence and Raine and as mentioned, Izzo Ferland if they got a very quick eligibility ( I guess they may be aiming for 2030).
Sorry. Forgot about these guys.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No twizzles in Ted's day?! 😱 This is brand new information!

Wow, Mark's only a year older than me (probably less because I'm born in January), but man there's nothing like realising Olympians are your age and you've done nothing with your life 😅 and it's even worse now they're young enough to be your kid! :laugh2:
Oh, he's a good deal younger than me.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That could be a great side gig for him - how will Ted pronounce your name :laugh2:

I totally just disappeared on everyone here, but good on the medallists!
Shaquille O'Neal has done it quite a lot in terms of mispronouncing names.. Lol. There's a video on it from a few years back.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
those lifts... yeah... but he is 17 and will get stronger. And this is why ladies and gentlemen, I appreciate the new age rules and didn't want exceptions... let these young boys learn in a safe environment.
Timmy is 22. He's not going to get any safer.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Timmy is 22. He's not going to get any safer.
Timmy isn't competing in this event. The point I am making is that there are ways to have pairs with partners with a decent age gap. And by doing this, the teams are ready can move up to seniors when they are of age. In other words, the field gets a bit more homogeneous and remains a safe environment for developing skills. At this event, we saw a lot of teams working on basic lifts but trying to do them well. Some teams are more advanced than others of course. The winners Martina and Charly are respectively 16 and 18. They just got put together as a pairs this summer, after having learned with other partners. At this point, if they decided to keep skating together, age and development would not be an issue at all. We don't need to start this discussion again, but again, Charly and Martina have shown that it is possible to be competitive and win, with a 2 year age difference.

Last edited: