2023 Russian Nationals among Boys and Girls (Older Age) | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2023 Russian Nationals among Boys and Girls (Older Age)

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
If that's your definition of a cactus, then I'm happy with that as it applies to 90% of all skaters, including some top ranks in the world. :laugh:
I think the "official" definition was coined by our dear @elektra blue and is "beautiful, but sometimes it hurts to love them". And yes, that probably applies to the majority of skaters, especially of the male variety. :laugh:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Timofey got dinged on the TES today, it went down by over 4 points. Probably the wonky sit spin, but I'm curious about the protocols. Still, he deservedly got one of the highest PCS scores so far.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I think the "official" definition was coined by our dear @elektra blue and is "beautiful, but sometimes it hurts to love them". And yes, that probably applies to the majority of skaters, especially of the male variety. :laugh:
Fine, but shouldn't be applied to someone who's just starting out in their sport/job as there is already a defeatist vibe in it.
You wouldn't say to your kids when their passionate about their sport and are actually talented 'love ya, babe, you're great, but you never gonna make it to the top'. 🙃
I don't like that cactus business as it sounds patronising to me, but at least just keep it to people 25+ who never won an important medal but were always there to please the crowd in the top 12 Senior ranks.

Last edited:

LadyB

Record Breaker
I'm not an expert in technicalities, but is that score not just a wee bit high?

LadyB

Record Breaker
I think Vadim can still make the podium and Stolyarenko can easily improve a few points. Here's hope for Super Sunday! :hap10:

katymay

Medalist
100.01 TES 🤯
And if you glance at the results, a large number in the 70 TES range, and that is...insane. I think combos and ultra C's are easier when you are young with a small body, but still....impressive. On the other hand, I think I would to see Novice ladies limited to one quad (Or better yet: NO quads lol). I guess I would like to see a more level playing field for girls who are basically still children -time enough to pack the big jumps when they are 13/14 moving into Juniors.

Kittosuni

Medalist
Sadkova did really well here landing her 2 quads but I'm not sure doing a triple combo as your last jump is very wise unless that was a mistake

LadyB

Record Breaker
Boys are on, but I've got a few other things to do and will be back properly for the last two groups. Healthy skates to all!

LadyB

Record Breaker
So glad to see that Kirill had a great run! (y)

I'm really nervous, I'm so hoping for a podium-finish for Vadim. Everything is crossed.