2023 U.S. Nationals Jr. Women's Free Skate | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2023 U.S. Nationals Jr. Women's Free Skate

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
ELG has it all she just needs to put it together and she will be a force to be reckoned with.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
18 Keira Hibelink - N dressed in French blue has a lovely expression, but needs more extension. Lovely jumps with tight rotations and plenty of height skating to What a Wonderful World.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
19 Elyce Lin-Gracey dressed in sparkly midnight blue opening to Moonlight Sonata remix. Up and down performance with her jumps. Lovely Bauer into double axel. Oh my peacock cut out and replay cuts off early so I guess I am done.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I was impressed by Keira and Katie. Two new skaters I hope to see in the Junior Grand Prix circuit next year.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
After the Free skate, I’m 90% certain now, that skate American will only send Soho to Junior Worlds, from this competition. With Lindsay, Audrey, Clare and Ava, as possible options for the other two slots.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I have to wonder if it was coming loose from the beginning. She usually has much better expression than she did here. She's still, IMO, the clear winner. However, I think my component score would have been higher for a couple of the ladies that finished below. When you use "Warhorse" music, it's always risky as their have been so many skaters that have used that music before her. I give her extra points for dealing with that headpiece. I imagine it was a huge distraction on her early jumps.

Ana Raquel

Rinkside
After the Free skate, I’m 90% certain now, that skate American will only send Soho to Junior Worlds, from this competition. With Lindsay, Audrey, Clare and Ava, as possible options for the other two slots.
Did Hildebrink get a medal? How did she place? I am wondering also which of the new junior skaters that did well in nationals will be on the national team and which of them do 3axels and quads?? The junior girls from Japan and Korea can do several of them in competitions. Will Russia compete again at least at the novice girls level? What has the IOC decided?🤔 I saw 2 videos of girls in CSKA, they are truly figure skating geniuses..there are 3 girls 8 to 9year olds that are doing 3axels and quads on the floor! That is incredible! There are 5 older than 9 years of age doing them too!😳 If they competed they would surely surprise everyone with their jumps! We know what they are doing, they are preparing to compete just in case they are given the green light to compete.

Ana Raquel

Rinkside
I was impressed by Keira and Katie. Two new skaters I hope to see in the Junior Grand Prix circuit next year.
What is Katie's last name? Are those 2 girls both in the national team? Will those in the pairs competition that went to national camp be in the team too?