2023 U.S. Nationals Jr. Women's Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023 U.S. Nationals Jr. Women's Short Program

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sonia Baram also skates pairs. Busy girl. She skates to unforgettable trying 3Lz and 3f both touching the ice with one hand. Gorgeous spiral and 2A. She needs to project outward a bit more and make us remember her.

sjchilly

On the Ice
Country
United-States
It took me a bit of effort to figure this out. It may have been covered elsewhere. I looked at U.S. Junior Ladies competitors and saw Lilah Gibson. I wondered how she could be competing at U.S. Junior Ladies and European Ice Dance at the same time. I see the Ice Dance team is Lilah Fear and Lewis Gibson. Lilah Gibson is someone else entirely. :palmf:

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Melania Blecic is our novice who loves the camera. A clockwise jumper with a wonky, but landed 2A out of Bauer and a missed combo. Oh dear. A double loop. A learning experience for her. She keeps on smiling and is enjoying her stuffies and the K & C.

Last edited:

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Really gorgeous pastel blue and pink dress for Rinako Oya from Detroit SC. She skates to The Prayer. Jumps are not her friend today but she spins well and has lovely edges. Coached by Yuka Sato. She looks disappointed. I wish she had a stuffie.

midori green

On the Ice
Sonia Baram also skates pairs. Busy girl. She skates to unforgettable trying 3Lz and 3f both touching the ice with one hand. Gorgeous spiral and 2A. She needs to project outward a bit more and make us remember her.
I was surprised at this watching her skate junior at nationals last year (as a novice) and again at sectionals this year. She is SO engaging when she skates pairs. It will be interesting to see how she develops over the years.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Someone said yesterday that this arena is warm and THEY LIED. I'm freezing
It was me🥲. My seat was not near a vent and I was warm. If it makes you feel any better at all today I am under a vent and freezing.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Krystal Edwards skates in black sparkly dress to Sway. Nice confident presentation. Bad fall out of 2A.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lilah Gibson (spell check tried to make her Lilac) in another black dress skates to you don’t own me. Nice easy combo, step out on 2a and fall on 3loop. Right knee has a brace on.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why do they have vents blowing cold air in the winter?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m out of stuffies (the last few are reserved for specific seniors) and I hate it.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sherry Zhang in white dress with purple trimming who dreams a dream. Getting the jumps done. Very nice skating, spinning and footwork. Memorable red velvet blazer of one of her coaches. Second, I agree.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Someone said yesterday that this arena is warm and THEY LIED. I'm freezing
I never trust what anyone else says about cold arena's. I have friends who can wear a t-shirt while I'm wearing a hoody with a jacket and gloves. I've never been to a live event with a warm arena.