2024 4CC Entries | Golden Skate

2024 4CC Entries

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
A place to keep all the entries, news, and updates together. Please share sources.

Updated Jan 28.

Australia

Men -
Darian Kaptich, Charlton Doherty
Women - Maria Chernyshova, Vlada Vasiliev
Pairs - Anastasiia Gloubeva / Hector Giotopolous Moore
Ice Dance - Holly Harris/Jason Chan; India Nette/Eron Westwood

Brazil

Ice Dance -
Natalia Pallu-Neves / Jayin Panesar

Canada

Men -
Wesley Chiu, Conrad Orzel, Roman Sadovsky
Women - Madeline Schizas, Sara-Maude Dupuis, Justine Miclette
Pairs - Deanna Stellato-Dudek / Maxime Deschamps; Lia Pereira / Trennt Michaud, Kelly Ann Laurin / Loucas Ethier
Ice Dance - Piper Gilles / Paul Poirier; Laurence Fornier Beaudry / Nikolaj Sorenson; Marjorie Lajoie / Zachary Lagha (WD Jan 19), Marie-Jade Lauriault / Romain Le Gac (Added Jan 19)

China

Men -
Yudong Chen, Daiwei Dai, Boyang Jin
Women - Hongyi Chen, Jiaying Cheng, Yi Zhu
Pairs - Cheng Peng / Lei Wang; Yuchen Wang / Lei Zhu; Siyang Zhang / Yongchao Yang
Ice Dance - Xizi Chen / Jianing Xing; Xuatong Li / Xinkang Wang; Shang Shi / Nan Wu

Chinese Taipei

Men -
Fang-Yi Lin
Women - Amanda Hsu, Tzu-Han Ting

Hong Kong

Men -
Lap Ken Yuen, Heung Lai Zhao
Women - Hiu Yau Chao, Joanna So

India

Women -
Tara Prasad (WD Jan 29)

Japan

Men - Yuma Kagiyama, Sota Yamamoto, Shun Sato
Women - Mone Chiba, Mai Mihara, Rinka Watanabe
Pairs - Riku Miura / Ryuichi Kihara
Ice Dance - Misato Komatsubara / Tim Koleto; Azusa Tanaka / Shingo Nishiyama; Utana Yoshida / Masaya Morita

Kazakhstan

Men -
Rakhat Bralin, Dias Jirenbayev, Mikhail Shaidorov
Women - Sofiya Farafanova, Anna Levkovets, Nuriya Suleimen
Ice Dance - Gaukhar Nauryzova / Boyisangur Datiev (WD Jan 20)

Malaysia

Men -
Ze Ze Fang

Mexico

Men -
Donovan Carrillo
Women - Andrea Montesinos Cantu

Philippines

Men -
Edrien Paul Celestino
Women - Sofia Lexi Jacqueline Frank
Pairs - Isabella Gamez / Aleksandr Korovin

Singapore

Men -
Pagiel Yie Ken Sng

South Korea

Men -
Junhwan Cha, Juheon Lim, Younghyun Cha
Women - Chaeyeon Kim, Seoyeong Wi, Haein Lee
Ice Dance - Hannah Lim / Ye Quan

United States

Men -
Tomoki Hiwatashi, Camden Pulkinen (WD Jan 28), Andrew Torgashev; Maxim Naumov (Added Jan 29)
Women - Amber Glenn (WD Jan 27), Elyce Lin-Gracey (Added Jan 28), Lindsay Thorngren, Ava Ziegler
Pairs - Ellie Kam / Danny O'Shea; Chelsea Liu / Balazs Nagy; Valentina Plazas / Maximiliano Fernandez
Ice Dance - Christina Carreira / Anthony Ponomarenko; Madison Chock / Evan Bates (WD Jan 29); Caroline Green / Michael Parsons; Emilea Zingas / Vadym Kolesnik (Added Jan 29)

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Canada should come out soon... Challenge just happened and Nationals are too late.. In women, nothing has been made official but the winner of Challenge cannot go : Fée Ann Landry. Never competed internationally in seniors... Second place is Kaiya. Third and fourth place cannot go either ;) (juniors with no senior scores) 5th place has never been sent internationally ;) so it would be 6th place Sara-Maude Dupuis + Kaiya and Madeline.

Fiona and Justine ended up 9th and 10th. If Skate Canada has other plans, I'd be very surprised... but of course, we won't know for a little bit :)

Dance and Pairs top teams didn't compete at Challenge. It is expected that top 3 will be sent.
Men : Conrad competed at Challenge and won. Stephen w/d and Wesley had a bye. Roman is at Golden Spin. It will really depend on how well Roman can do at Golden Spin as he is recovering from injury.

Will update you if you don't beat me to it as soon as we find out.

ETA : Kaiya is doing YOG. That means she cannot go to 4CC.

Last edited:

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Canada should come out soon... Challenge just happened and Nationals are too late.. In women, nothing has been made official but the winner of Challenge cannot go : Fée Ann Landry. Never competed internationally in seniors... Second place is Kaiya. Third and fourth place cannot go either ;) (juniors with no senior scores) 5th place has never been sent internationally ;) so it would be 6th place Sara-Maude Dupuis + Kaiya and Madeline.

Fiona and Justine ended up 9th and 10th. If Skate Canada has other plans, I'd be very surprised... but of course, we won't know for a little bit :)

Dance and Pairs top teams didn't compete at Challenge. It is expected that top 3 will be sent.
Men : Conrad competed at Challenge and won. Stephen w/d and Wesley had a bye. Roman is at Golden Spin. It will really depend on how well Roman can do at Golden Spin as he is recovering from injury.

Will update you if you don't beat me to it as soon as we find out.

ETA : Kaiya is doing YOG. That means she cannot go to 4CC.
You may now announce the Canadian entries :giggle:

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
You may now announce the Canadian entries :giggle:
Preliminary Canadian Entries

Women
Madeline Schizas
TBA
TBA

Men
TBA
TBA
TBA

Pairs
Deanna Stellato-Dudek/Maxime Deschamps
Lia Pereira/Trennt Michaud
TBA

Ice Dance
Piper Gilles/Paul Poirier
Laurence Fournier-Beaudry/Nikolaj Soerensen
Majorie Lajoie/Zachary Lagha

The rest of the entries to be announced January 14. Right now these are the skaters who've already competed in China this season and are likely to be on the podium at Nationals, so they're safe choices to announce. The TBA skaters (and possibly TBA subs) are probably getting their visas in order due to the time it takes to get one.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Preliminary Canadian Entries

Women
Madeline Schizas
TBA
TBA

Men
TBA
TBA
TBA

Pairs
Deanna Stellato-Dudek/Maxime Deschamps
Lia Pereira/Trennt Michaud
TBA

Ice Dance
Piper Gilles/Paul Poirier
Laurence Fournier-Beaudry/Nikolaj Soerensen
Majorie Lajoie/Zachary Lagha

The rest of the entries to be announced January 14. Right now these are the skaters who've already competed in China this season and are likely to be on the podium at Nationals, so they're safe choices to announce. The TBA skaters (and possibly TBA subs) are probably getting their visas in order due to the time it takes to get one.
This is absolutely hilarious :) it says absolutely nothing we didn't know already ;)

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Japan entries 🇯🇵

Men
Yuma Kagiyama
Sota Yamamoto
Shun Sato

Women
Mone China
Mai Mihara
Rinka Watanabe

Pairs
Riku Miura / Ryuichi Kihara

Ice Dance
Misato Komatsubara / Tim Koleto
Azusa Tanaka / Shingo Nishiyama
Utana Yoshida / Masaya Morita

Interesting. I would have expected some of those to go to Worlds, not 4CC. Given that Japan seems to send singles skaters to either Worlds or 4CC, not both, does that leave the Worlds team as
Men - Shoma, Kao Miura and Kazuki Tomono
Ladies - Kaori, Hana Yoshida and either Rion Sumiyoshi or Wakaba Higuichi?

I can imagine Yuma, Sota and Mone could be quite disappointed at losing out - particularly given that Yuma has just taken silver at nationals and medalled at all his GP events this year and Mone also placed second this weekend and was quite a long way ahead of Rion and Wakaba, although they do have higher scores than her from this year's grand prix.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Interesting. I would have expected some of those to go to Worlds, not 4CC. Given that Japan seems to send singles skaters to either Worlds or 4CC, not both, does that leave the Worlds team as
Men - Shoma, Kao Miura and Kazuki Tomono
Ladies - Kaori, Hana Yoshida and either Rion Sumiyoshi or Wakaba Higuichi?

I can imagine Yuma, Sota and Mone could be quite disappointed at losing out - particularly given that Yuma has just taken silver at nationals and medalled at all his GP events this year and Mone also placed second this weekend and was quite a long way ahead of Rion and Wakaba, although they do have higher scores than her from this year's grand prix.
The Worlds team was posted in this thread. Yuma and Mone are doing both events.

Andrea82

Medalist

sammylee

Rinkside
Country
South-Korea
A place to keep all the entries, news, and updates together. Please share sources.

Australia

Men -
Darian Kaptich; Charlton Doherty
Women - Maria Chernyshova; Vlada Vasiliev
Pairs - Anastasiia Gloubeva / Hector Giotopolous Moore
Ice Dance - Holly Harris/Jason Chan; India Nette/Eron Westwood

Canada

Men -
TBA x 3
Women - Madeline Schizas; TBA x 2
Pairs - Deanna Stellato-Dudek / Maxime Deschamps; Lia Pereira / Trennt Michaud, TBA
Ice Dance - Piper Gilles / Paul Poirier; Laurence Fornier Beaudry / Nikolaj Sorenson; Marjorie Lajoie / Zachary Lagha

Japan

Men - Yuma Kagiyama; Sota Yamamoto; Shun Sato
Women - Mone Chiba, Mai Mihara, Rinka Watanabe
Pairs - Riku Miura / Ryuichi Kihara
Ice Dance - Misato Komatsubara / Tim Koleto; Azusa Tanaka / Shingo Nishiyama; Utana Yoshida / Masaya Morita

South Korea

Men -
Junhwan Cha, Juheon Lim, Younghyun Cha
Women - Chaeyeon Kim, Seoyeong Wi, Haein Lee
plus Hannah Lim & Ye Quan for the South Korea's ice dance entry

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I am surprised the United States hasn't named the team. Are they sending any?
The problem with both Canada and USA is that nationals come late and travel documents are required very early in advance for China. This is why Skate Canada has announced a partial list : all these skaters already had their visas as they competed either at GP China or at GPF (also in China). Previously, Skate Canada had even issued a statement that selection "may" need to happen earlier than nationals. I am not sure where things stand as of now as of course, there are quite a few spots unassigned. Re the USA, their nationals are even later this year so I have no idea what their plan is.

Kris135

On the Ice
The problem with both Canada and USA is that nationals come late and travel documents are required very early in advance for China. This is why Skate Canada has announced a partial list : all these skaters already had their visas as they competed either at GP China or at GPF (also in China). Previously, Skate Canada had even issued a statement that selection "may" need to happen earlier than nationals. I am not sure where things stand as of now as of course, there are quite a few spots unassigned. Re the USA, their nationals are even later this year so I have no idea what their plan is.
I do not know either at this late date. I am going to assume that USFS is going to name the skaters that already have the Visas for China because it is already to late do much else. I think that forcing skaters to do a 72 hr turnaround to compete in 4CC's after just competing in Nationals is a big mistake because the skaters have no time to calm down and come back up again. They are going to be tired from Nationals and then add jet lag from them going half way across world means that no one is going to be even close to their best for this event. Hopefully no one gets hurt trying to do this because this would be the recipe to do that. The last thing the USFS needs is to have have one or more skaters to get hurt. I would have preferred that USFS would have named a team of lower level skaters and allowed them to skip Nationals, with byes for next year, and allow them to focus on just this event and maybe for the youngest ones who are age eligible for Junior Worlds and send them there next and just call it a day. It looks like USFS is going with just sending the skaters with valid Visas to China. This is not fair to skaters and the risk of someone having a serve injury go up because dramatically of exhaustion that all of them will be feeling after Nationals. I hope that USFS is planning something else because I do not want our best skaters that need to get ready for Worlds to do this the risk is too great and reward would not be worth it.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As far as I know, no US Skater is forced to go to 4CC, even if selected.

For the discipline I know most, Ilia will no doubt skip 4CC with zero fear of repercussion from the Fed, from judges, from anybody. If selected, Jason will skip 4CC, he is not at the point where he is thinking about his future career.

The remaining US men probably don't care if they step off the plane in skates and go straight to the arena to compete, they have either never been to 4CC or barely made the top ten (if that) if they did.

But the wait is very frustrating for those of us hoping certain skaters may be selected :)

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I am surprised the United States hasn't named the team. Are they sending any?

The US has previously said that their meetings for 4CC selection were on December 11th & 12th based on those who have confirmed they wanted to compete. I have no idea why they never announced them, but according to their selection criteria, those are when the meetings took place.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The US has previously said that their meetings for 4CC selection were on December 11th & 12th based on those who have confirmed they wanted to compete. I have no idea why they never announced them, but according to their selection criteria, those are when the meetings took place.
Maybe it's like what I think is happening with the Candian team... which is they're waiting until they are rock solid on visas and other stuff associated with international travel to China. The Canadians who were announced had competed in China recently. Everyone else was TBD.

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Maybe it's like what I think is happening with the Candian team... which is they're waiting until they are rock solid on visas and other stuff associated with international travel to China. The Canadians who were announced had competed in China recently. Everyone else was TBD.

That is very possible.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
As far as I know, no US Skater is forced to go to 4CC, even if selected.

For the discipline I know most, Ilia will no doubt skip 4CC with zero fear of repercussion from the Fed, from judges, from anybody. If selected, Jason will skip 4CC, he is not at the point where he is thinking about his future career.

The remaining US men probably don't care if they step off the plane in skates and go straight to the arena to compete, they have either never been to 4CC or barely made the top ten (if that) if they did.

But the wait is very frustrating for those of us hoping certain skaters may be selected :)
I don't think the issue is really with men or even, women ;) but for dance and pairs, it's another ballgame.