2024 Worlds Entries | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2024 Worlds Entries

SmileHappy34

Final Flight
Did Italy announce their world entries. It would seem alot are I medal contention ?
Did Great Britain and Australia? I would assume the Great Britain dance team of Lilah Fear and Lewis Gibson us going?

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
There is still almost a couple of weeks left until the entry deadline. Many federations has not made the decisions yet.

Ivana

On the Ice
Slovakia

Men -
Adam Hagara
Women - TBD
Ice Dance - Anna Simova / Kirill Aksenov
Vanesa Selmekova received the nomination in women. Interestingly she is the only one who got a limit to fulfill in Montreal, 30 pcs TES and 53 pcs total in SP, otherwise she will have to pay for the air ticket. Apparently the committee was not unanimous in her nomination, which I find interesting as she won the skate off and also fulfilled all the criteria, the only reasonable explanation for this limit could be her underperformance at Europeans.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Edit: Misunderstood something.

Last edited:

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
I'm really surprised that Mark Gorodnitsky is only a reserve. His season's best is over 70 marks above Lev Vinokur's. PBs are over 50 marks apart... Mark would have had the 14th highest SB among those competing, so would have had a chance of placing top ten (there will be some who make mistakes) and earning two spots for Israel for next year. Lev Vinokour may well struggle to progress to the free programme.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm really surprised that Mark Gorodnitsky is only a reserve. His season's best is over 70 marks above Lev Vinokur's. PBs are over 50 marks apart... Mark would have had the 14th highest SB among those competing, so would have had a chance of placing top ten (there will be some who make mistakes) and earning two spots for Israel for next year. Lev Vinokour may well struggle to progress to the free programme.
I really don't understand why Mark is not going.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
I really don't understand why Mark is not going.
He could be dealing with an injury or planning a country switch (he was born in and trains in Canada, and honestly he could be no. 2 in Canada right now with the state of the men)

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
That surprised me. The only things I can think of:

1 - Lev has a 4T while Mark doesn't have a quad. They may see Mark as hitting his ceiling, while Lev has higher potential.

2 - I don't think Mark's remarks in the mixed zone at Euros would have endeared him to the judges :slink:

Still, Mark would have been the choice that made sense since he has the better body of work. I don't think he would've hit his SB here and made top ten, but he would have a better chance of making the free at least.