2024 Bavarian Open | Jan 30 - Feb 4 | Golden Skate

2024 Bavarian Open | Jan 30 - Feb 4

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2024 Bavarian Open is set to take place Jan 30 - Feb 4, 2024, in Oberstdorf, Germany. The event will the Singles (Women and Men), Pairs and Ice Dance disciplines in the Novice, Junior and Senior categories. The event will be conducted in accordance with the 2022 ISU Constitution and General Regulations, the ISU Special Regulations & Technical Rules for Single & Pair Skating, the Technical Rules for Ice Dance 2023/24 (ISU Communication 2560), and relevant ISU Communications.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Usually, there will be quite a few Dutchies there. I hope there will be a stream. I understand Daria Danilova and Michel Tsiba are planning to go.

Country
Norway
So this seems to crash with Nordics so that might be the reason there seems to be no Ice Dance teams in Nordics all though the announcement says Nordics include ID this year.

Hopefully this means Milla and Nikolaj will be competing here, since they train in Oberstdorf and all, they would not even need to travel. I´m hoping there will be a few Ice Dance teams here. At least expecting some German teams.

Country
Norway
In the preliminary schedule they have 4 training groups for senior ice dance and 5 for juniors. So yes, I guess there will be a few ice dance teams. :biggrin:
At first I read 4 teams.. and I was like - that is disappointing. And then - I read it again, 4 training groups, I guess I can multiply that with around 3-4 :biggrin::biggrin: That sounds very promising!

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Ah... let me guess, most likely Koshiro, then? Not surprised at all if so.
It's a pity the organizers don't announce the names more in advance, so that more people would be able to arrange a holiday if they find someone they like among the entries. 14 days in advance, that's on a terribly short notice. I'm just glad Sota's not going to be there, as I'd be totally unable to come.
Still keeping my fingers crossed for Kazuki, Tatsuya, and Sota getting assigned as well. They did really well this season, and deserve more points in WS, Kazuki especially, after JNats.

Country
Norway
Ah... let me guess, most likely Koshiro, then? Not surprised at all if so.
It's a pity the organizers don't announce the names more in advance, so that more people would be able to arrange a holiday if they find someone they like among the entries. 14 days in advance, that's on a terribly short notice. I'm just glad Sota's not going to be there, as I'd be totally unable to come.
Still keeping my fingers crossed for Kazuki, Tatsuya, and Sota getting assigned as well. They did really well this season, and deserve more points in WS, Kazuki especially, after JNats.
Agree! Hopefully maybe there will be entries this week?

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
From what I've heard, a list was uploaded on the website of the Bavarian Ice Sports Federation, as someone posted the US assignments (which haven't been released by USFSA yet) in a different forum, but the whole website has been down for a few days now.

Unfortunately, the person who posted the US assignments didn't post any other assignments but here are the (likely, maybe partial?) US assignments:
Jr Men: Taira Shinohara
Jr Pairs: Audrey Park/Carter Griffin, Adele Zheng/Andy Deng

The results page is here: http://www.deu-event.de/results/BAY/BO2024/index.htm (No entries yet)

We also know some other skaters who planned to compete here: Kai Jagoda (GER, Sr Men), Jennifer Janse van Rensburg/Benjamin Steffan (GER, Sr Ice Dance), Ioulia Chtchetinina/Michal Wozniak (POL, Sr Pairs), Yuna Nagaoka/Sumitada Moriguchi (JPN, Sr Pairs), Sae Shimizu/Lucas Tsuyoshi Honda (JPN, Jr Pairs) and Kaho Yamashita/Yuto Nagata (JPN, Jr Ice Dance).
Let's see how many of them will actually be on the entry lists at the end.

Ladybug89

On the Ice
No, not Koshiro. No Japanese entries unfortunately in the Singles discipline.

But the direction of thinking is correct 😉

Last edited:

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
No, not Koshiro. No Japanese entries unfortunately.
No Japanese entries at all? Not even in pairs? That's very surprising considering Shimizu/Honda still need Jr Worlds minimums and this is the last competition to do so, as far as I know :scratch2:

Ladybug89

On the Ice
No Japanese entries at all? Not even in pairs? That's very surprising considering Shimizu/Honda still need Jr Worlds minimums and this is the last competition to do so, as far as I know :scratch2:
Sorry I didn‘t look precisely, edited the post above, there are JPN entries in Pairs and Junior Pairs.

I got the full list sent by a colleague, but it strangely doesn’t seem to be public.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I got the full list sent by a colleague, but it strangely doesn’t seem to be public.
I wonder if there's a technical issue on the side of the organising regional federation, as the website of the Bavarian Ice Sports Federation is completely down, and has been for at least 4-5 days :unsure: