2024 Tallink Hotels Cup | Feb 15-18 | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2024 Tallink Hotels Cup | Feb 15-18

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ooooh. Gabriele JUSKAITE (LTU) had a fall too.

This could go either way.

No, she held onto the lead.

Hey, I know I was expecting my kid Aleksandra Golovkina to bow out at Euros, but there's life in her yet! She got her highest ever FS and overall scores a couple of weeks later at the Ephesus Trophy!

And even when she does retire, don't rule out the Senior Champion, Meda VARIAKOJYTE. She's only a couple of years older than Gabriele.

CaroLiza_fan
I'm not ruling anyone out. I like Alexsandra and Meda, too. Its just nice to see Lithuania in the mix.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, we already knew yesterday that Sarina had it in the bag. She just had to skate clean today to confirm it.

And boys but she did!

She wins the FS by 16.50 points, and overall by 26.12 points. :jaw:

Really looking forward to seeing photos of the sisters on the podium together.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm not ruling anyone out. I like Alexsandra and Meda, too. Its just nice to see Lithuania in the mix.

I was just jesting with you. I agree. Since she came back from her previous retirement, Aleksandra has done a great job as team leader. And the younger skaters that are coming through are looking very promising not just for the future, but now already.

As you know, I love it when the Small Feds do well.

CaroLiza_fan

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was just jesting with you. I agree. Since she came back from her previous retirement, Aleksandra has done a great job as team leader. And the younger skaters that are coming through are looking very promising not just for the future, but now already.

As you know, I love it when the Small Feds do well.

CaroLiza_fan
I think its the first time Lithuania had a couple of really good skaters, I hope it inspires more competitive results.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sorry, I was held up there and only arrived back in the last minute of the Warm-Up.

We complete our Junior double-bill with chaos! :devil: 9 boys, arranged into a group of 4; followed by a group of 5.

Livestream for the Junior Men's FS is now on air.

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX_yuwTH7fc

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://current.fsresults.info/2023...JUNIOR----FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://current.fsresults.info/2023-2024/talhot2024/SEG006.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Like yesterday, I'm eating so can't comment much.

But, my goodness, Anna must have brought the whole team along for Vladislav CHURAKOV (EST) getting his scores! :drama:

There were EIGHT of them altogether. Anna, Vladislav and another boy were sitting down, and then 5 girls were standing alongside.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Poor Jacob. That was a disaster skate.

Not a single green square. Apart from a couple of blues, they were all red.

And hand down on what seemed like nearly everything.

I don't want to see the scores.

He'll definitely drop one position, because he was only 0.25 ahead of Matias HEINONEN (FIN). But, he will probably drop to last.

Yep. He does.

He's taking it all in his stride.

Better luck next time.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Like yesterday, I'm eating so can't comment much.

But, my goodness, Anna must have brought the whole team along for Vladislav CHURAKOV (EST) getting his scores! :drama:

There were EIGHT of them altogether. Anna, Vladislav and another boy were sitting down, and then 5 girls were standing alongside.

CaroLiza_fan

And then when it was her son's turn, there were only 3 other skaters brought along.

None of the 5 of them looked terribly happy.

OK, so he fell. But he soon made it for it with the rest of the programme.

He goes into a massive lead in both FS and overall. In the FS by 25.79 points, and overall by 46.93 points,

Arlet has really thrown down the gauntlet to Raffaele.

If I didn't know what this sport can be like, I would go as far as to say it is unassailable.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wow!

Raffaele went into 2nd in both FS and overall. Which, given how his skate went, was expected.

But, look at the difference in the overall score. Only 0.40 points. 😲

That was a dramatic finish to the Junior chaos. And we still have the Seniors to come! :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I was hoping Zich could slay the competition here, but it just wasn't meant to be...whenever that creepy cover of "Bad Moon Rising" started, he fell. :( It wasn't enough to maintain the lead, but I'm glad he got the silver for his efforts...

"Creepy" is mild compared to the words I would use for it.

It really is bad. As bad as that version of "Bad Romance" that a lot of us always complain about. Or that screeching version of "Roxanne".

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And that's it for the Juniors. Now we have a Senior double-bill to complete the day. 3 girls; followed by 9 boys. The 13 girls are arranged into two groups of 4; followed by a group of 5.

Livestream for the Senior Ladies FS is now on air.

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX_yuwTH7fc

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://current.fsresults.info/2023...----------FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://current.fsresults.info/2023-2024/talhot2024/SEG004.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, it was very easy to spot Liza today. Two of the skaters were wearing dark dresses with black tights, and the other two were wearing blue dresses with bare legs. But, I remembered that neither of Liza's dresses were a solid colour. And then she took off her jacket very early on, which confirmed it.

She seemed to have a good warm-up. Didn't spot any mistakes.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
This dress looks familiar... :p

Still don't like this version of "Wicked Game".

There's a big gap to Frida ahead of her, so it's going to be difficult to climb on her own efforts. She'll need help from the other skaters.

She doesn't seem too thrilled with her scores.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Frida is such a pretty name.

Useless piece of information - one of my former neighbours is named Frida.

She made a few mistakes, but nothing major.

Ach, I was hoping that we were going to get the two team-mates sitting together. But, it's the coach sitting with Frida.

You know, seeing it in the better light of the results area, that dress is a lot prettier than it looked when she was out on the ice.

She goes into 2nd in both FS and overall.

It's very close between the Norwegians in the overall standings - Linnea is ahead of Frida by only 0.59 points! :drama:

I bet Linnea is feeling a lot better about her scores now than she did 10 minutes ago! ;)

CaroLiza_fan