2024 U.S.Nationals Practice Reports | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2024 U.S.Nationals Practice Reports

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And related ... Jackie talked (with Tim Goebel and maybe Polina) about his belief that this year, with new teams and experienced pairs skaters newly teamed up or just in their second year together, that Pairs is possibly the most dynamic or exciting category. Since pairs are my favorite, I liked this comment. :)
I agree. I really liked Martins and Bedard. Plus I wonder how Howe's shoulder will hold up. Hope he's ok. It's going to be super interesting!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I agree. I really liked Martins and Bedard. Plus I wonder how Howe's shoulder will hold up. Hope he's ok. It's going to be super interesting!
I wasn't listening closely, but Jackie was talking about the training practice of not doing too many elements with the affected area in the practices, saving it for the performances. (like Javier F. not skating at all for days before winning 2016 world championships; my example)

I hope that's what's going on. Watching Emily and Spencer practice reminded me how much I love them, and how really good they are.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Dipping in and out of the men's practices right now...and is that Jimmy Ma skating to POTO?!?

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Last night Jackie Wong interviewed Tim Goebel who was here to see the quad axel in real life. Said he never thought he’d see one and is so excited.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Great runthrough by Ilia. A little stomp in character after the music finished was a nice touch.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looking back at Andrew Torgashev having a comfortable runthrough, seems focused but not stressed. The speed he can achieve so quickly is really impressive.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I noticed a pop on the first jump and a hand down on a triple axel, but the other jumps Tomoki did looked pretty good. I'm definitely hopeful for him!
So am I since I have him 5th

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
this is OT for the practice thread (but I can't find the general talk thread), but this is the first year that I know of that the Pairs FS holds the honor spot of Saturday night. I've been to Nationals when women, men, and dance frees were on Saturday night, and an explanation thrown out was that it's often given to the category that is most popular, or like when Nathan Chen was skating. So it made me wonder, was that a decision made with locals in mind, or something else?

And related ... Jackie talked (with Tim Goebel and maybe Polina) about his belief that this year, with new teams and experienced pairs skaters newly teamed up or just in their second year together, that Pairs is possibly the most dynamic or exciting category. Since pairs are my favorite, I liked this comment. :)
Oh that is super weird. The pairs short is usually....Thursday or Friday afternoon I think? And ladies are ALWAYS Saturday night.