2024 U.S.Nationals Practice Reports | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2024 U.S.Nationals Practice Reports

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just double-checked the stream and yes, Jimmy Ma is really skating to POTO for his free program!
EWWWW why? I mean I guess he knows he's not going to 4CCs so maybe trying something new, but this isn't the time of year for that.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've switched over to watch the men's practice after watching the travesty of the women's short. Good to see Sam Mindra is still hot.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Only in an alternative universe does the idea of “trying something new” encompass Phantom of the Opera :)

I mean, I love Jimmy, but not even Jimmy could possibly bring anything new to that one.
I meant “try something new” as opposed to “Lacrimosa.” I mean was there something wrong with that program? He imploded on it, but he imploded in practice today too.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maybe? Maybe he wasn't comfy with "Hernando's Hideaway?" But the last time I saw him skate he was not skating to POTO
I loved Hernando's Hideaway - I remember him blowing you kisses...😘
Jimmy Ma moonvine.png

muptgirl

On the Ice
Noticed Madi and Evan weren't on their practice and ended up not being available to do the interview with Jackie. Did anyone here a reason?

muptgirl

On the Ice
Having scored 92+ last night and being almost 10 points ahead of the next team, they probably figure they can afford to skip practice :)
Ha. You make a good point. And with their upcoming quick trip to China for 4CC could probably use the rest.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Noticed Madi and Evan weren't on their practice and ended up not being available to do the interview with Jackie. Did anyone here a reason?

As far as I know they haven't been to any practices.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am loving listening to Jackie and Jean-Luc, but he's using a lot of past-tense phrases when talking about skating with Kaitlyn. "When I was skating with Kaitlyn..." That makes me scared. :(
It makes me scared too. Just gotta have faith.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh that is super weird. The pairs short is usually....Thursday or Friday afternoon I think? And ladies are ALWAYS Saturday night.
That used to be, but I was at Nationals from 2015 thru 2020, and it varied. Just never pairs, until now! 😍

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Again, this isn't going to be up forever, but here's the link from yesterday's ice dance practice.

Edit: Hey @moonvine just saw on Twitter that Jackie is going to have Gracie as a guest during the broadcast of men's practice today.
For others who might be interested, he's got Jason Brown lined up as a guest, too.

Last edited: