4CC pre-game chat | Golden Skate

4CC pre-game chat

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
It's good to see that there are quite some entrees. In Ice-Dance and Pairs everyone will get to do their Free, while there's only 3 out (which is still a pity) in the singles. It's the one (big) disadvantage of having many entrees and you have a bad short.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I'm with you! I love my puffins (that I photographed myself and am very pleased about), but I'll do that too. I so wish him to do well. I realise who's adopted him but I'll adopt him as a little brother instead of a son. Well, little....

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I'm with you! I love my puffins (that I photographed myself and am very pleased about), but I'll do that too. I so wish him to do well. I realise who's adopted him but I'll adopt him as a little brother instead of a son. Well, little....
I took a ferry once to see puffins ;)
and a boat to see gannets...

puffins were the cutest but gannets were damn impressive fishers !

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
LiveQQ man continues to be awesome! He is at 4CC and is posting practice notes for the top skaters! You can check out his Weibo account here, but in summary Boyang Jin pulled out a 4Lz at practice and seems to be skating solidly, as is Sota Yamamoto. Yuma has also been skating very strongly in practice. He's introducing a 4F into his programs, and has been landing several in practice. Shun looks injured :(. Jun has been landing solid 4S and 4T, hopefully that means he has healed up. Mai, Rinka, and Mone have also been skating very strongly.

Last edited:

SmileHappy34

Final Flight
For rhet person who said on another forum let's see how Elin Lynn Gracey does a 4cc before announcing her for jr worlds due to her underperforming at nationals.

1. Wow 😲 . What a manipulate and underhanded statement.
2. Mosy if not all of the skaters assigned 4cc underperformed.
Their was a few exceptions to underperforming.
3. U complained about quick turnaround between Nat'ls and 4cc.
4. If u are going to equate theirnatl performance to the 4cc than thebU.S. team is in for a surprise regarding medal count.

I doubt based on nationals if they will medal.
Based on Amber Glenn our new national champ and her performance throughout the year that she will skate well
She wanted to skate a clean short and a clean long . She has not done it even at nationals.

If u based decisions on national performance than ican go back decades and state who should have never went to worlds .
They did not perform well like they didn't perform at nationals
Matter of fact even those that skated clean underperformed at worlds.

3. Due to their national performance clean or mistake free we can expect underperformance from the U. s. Team due to quick turn around.

They even complain about a one week turn around. They are not rested enough.

icewhite

Record Breaker
Pure guesswork in my predictions. I have no idea how anything will play out. I hope to catch some events because the timing of most is really difficult for me.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
*Runs off to update skate picks*
Reading threads, looking at numbers, picking by instinct and/or momentum has not been working for me lately. In the chase for the elusive Individual medal, I am thinking of trying a new strategy... pulling names out of a magic hat.

magic hat.jpg

List Randomizer

Last edited:

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Reading threads, looking at numbers, picking by instinct and/or momentum has not been working for me lately. In the chase for the elusive Individual medal, I am thinking of trying a new strategy... pulling names out of a magic hat.

View attachment 7574
Well, that’s how they do their selections at Hogwarts. It’s as good a method as any.

There are so many unknowns here. Will any of the US skaters be ready to compete at their best, given the quick turnaround from Nationals and the long plane ride? What kind of shape are Miura/Kihara in, given that we haven’t seen them all season? What about Junhwan Cha—is he at full strength, or will he again wait to peak at Worlds? Will Fournier-Beaudry/Sorensen be able to keep themselves focused on the job at hand?

I have so many questions like this. Fortunately we don’t have long to wait!

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, that’s how they do their selections at Hogwarts. It’s as good a method as any.

There are so many unknowns here. Will any of the US skaters be ready to compete at their best, given the quick turnaround from Nationals and the long plane ride? What kind of shape are Miura/Kihara in, given that we haven’t seen them all season? What about Junhwan Cha—is he at full strength, or will he again wait to peak at Worlds? Will Fournier-Beaudry/Sorensen be able to keep themselves focused on the job at hand?

I have so many questions like this. Fortunately we don’t have long to wait!
I do have two other ideas... Witches Hat
1706714869074.jpeg

or Skate Voodoo

1706714895477.png

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm partial to this little guy - cause how can you not love those feet and those eyes (Blue Booby)
1706715082966.jpeg

Sackie

Medalist
Hoping the whole business over the Olympic Team event doesn't play with the CAN members who were part of that team. Must have been hard to think for a few minutes that you had won a bronze medal only to have it taken away moments later. Both Roman and Maddie are not in great 'head space' anyway! Hope that they actually feed off some of the negative comments that CAN don't deserve the bronze because of some poor performances, and come out to prove these comments wrong - esp Roman.