Adam Rippon says he's unlikely to compete | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Adam Rippon says he's unlikely to compete

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
After I commented on this, I wondered how far you'd have to go back if you relaxed just one of the conditions. I found the answer to two of them fairly quickly, but had to dig for the third. And the answer is: not very far at all.

Here they are, with the removed condition in brackets:

The oldest U.S. Olympic rookie [singles] skater was: Chris Knierem, 2018 Olympics (2 years + older than Adam)

The oldest U.S. Olympic [rookie] singles skater was: Jeremy Abbott, 2014 Olympics (about 6 months older than Adam at the time of their games appearance)

The oldest [U.S.] Olympic rookie singles skater was: Chafik BESSEGHIER, 2018 Olympics (one day older than Adam!)

Note, these aren't necessarily the oldest of all time, but are the most recent Olympians who are older than Adam.

And the man who beat Adam those 82 years ago was George Hill in the 1936 Olympics.

Anyone can make history if you string together enough attributes :)

narcissa

Record Breaker
After I commented on this, I wondered how far you'd have to go back if you relaxed just one of the conditions. I found the answer to two of them fairly quickly, but had to dig for the third. And the answer is: not very far at all.

Here they are, with the removed condition in brackets:

The oldest U.S. Olympic rookie [singles] skater was: Chris Knierem, 2018 Olympics (2 years + older than Adam)

The oldest U.S. Olympic [rookie] singles skater was: Jeremy Abbott, 2014 Olympics (about 6 months older than Adam at the time of their games appearance)

The oldest [U.S.] Olympic rookie singles skater was: Chafik BESSEGHIER, 2018 Olympics (one day older than Adam!)

Note, these aren't necessarily the oldest of all time, but are the most recent Olympians who are older than Adam.

And the man who beat Adam those 82 years ago was George Hill in the 1936 Olympics.

Reminds me of US Olympic twitter tweeting "...performance leaves Mirai in 3rd place after her short program" aka "Right this moment, before the last 2.5 groups have skated, she is currently in 3rd place" :laugh:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Bringing over from fanfest

Adam will be the featured special guest for the closing of the Sun Valley on Ice season on Sept 1.
Link with info and tickets here: https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/1687201

ETA: Adam will also be featured in the upcoming "Body Edition" of ESPN magazine.