Alissa Czisny | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Alissa Czisny

R.D.

Record Breaker
Its going to be a mini nationals with Kimmie, Flatt, & Alissa. I can't wait!

Sorry, but I wouldn't put Czisny in the same league as Meissner or Flatt. Alyssa's gonna need the other two to mess up big, PLUS she has to be solid. Can that happen? Sure. Is it likely? History indicates no, although the chance of Meissner messing up is suddenly much higher than it was even at this time last season. Flatt is a fairly solid skater though. I've only seen her mess up once. But the chance of Czisny going clean? Roll a die and hope (pray, maybe) that it comes up six. :cool:

kandidy

Final Flight
:pGood luck Alissa!
I love to see her especially now, all events are like jumping competition.
Seeing her (in good form) helped my injured eyes.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Sorry, but I wouldn't put Czisny in the same league as Meissner or Flatt. Alyssa's gonna need the other two to mess up big, PLUS she has to be solid. Can that happen? Sure. Is it likely? History indicates no, although the chance of Meissner messing up is suddenly much higher than it was even at this time last season. Flatt is a fairly solid skater though. I've only seen her mess up once. But the chance of Czisny going clean? Roll a die and hope (pray, maybe) that it comes up six. :cool:

Since we are doing what ifs - If Alissa is solid I would not put her in the same league as Kimmie or Rachael either, I would put her a step above them.

Kinga

Medalist
It seems that CoR is a bit easier than TEB for Alissa to fight for the podium, but it might be delusive. There are many ladies that can fight for medals in CoR, they represent more less similar level at the moment, or have a lot of potential but season did not start well for them (Czissny, Suguri, Flatt, Meissner, Kostner, Meier). In TEB, on the other hand, there is one super strong contender (Mao), one that is strong (Rochette), but who knows, maybe she is NOT that consistant as we think this season? And then there is Zhang and Gedevanishvili, whom bothAlissa can beat, I think.
But we will se how it turns! Of course, she must do her job properly at the first place. I keep my fingers crossed!

For CoR, Flatt needs a win to bring up her GP score to 24 for possible Finals.

Kostner needs a win to bring up her GP score to 24 for possible Finals

Suguri needs to podium to bring her score up to 28, 26 or 24

Czisny needs to podium to bring her score up to 26, 24 or 22

Meissner and Meier seem to be too far behind.

Rochette (TEB) needs to place for a 30, 28, 26

OOPS. Forgot Ando who has finished and has 24 points..

With Kim already with 30 and Mao most likely to finish with 30 and with NHK coming up: Lepisto, Nakano, and Wagner could also make the Finals, how can one pick the 6 lucky ones for the Finals? unless, one picks personal favorites.

Last edited:

Sylvia

Record Breaker
If Czisny can skate CoR with 3 other americans, why could she not skate at TEB?
[There were three Americans at TEB, Zhang, Liang and Hughes.

At CoR there were only two, Flatt and Meissner, before adding Czisny.]

This late invitation to CoR by the Russian Federation means that Alissa will not have to qualify for Nationals through Midwestern Sectionals this week in Texas and will receive a bye to Cleveland.

Last edited by a moderator:
This late invitation to CoR by the Russian Federation means that Alissa will not have to qualify for Nationals through Midwestern Sectionals this week in Texas and will receive a bye to Cleveland.
.Thank you, Russian Federation. :clap: IIRC Alissa majored in Russian and French in college before she switched to mostly online courses. I wonder if this is her first trip to that country.

How much faith does one have in Kostner? With two World Championship medal to her credit, it's time for her to reclaim her prowess. This event may push her to that goal.

Suguri is a confident skater. She can and should do well here.

Czisny can also do it if she conquers the demons.

Good competition, but NHK may well take up the spots available.

flying camel

Medalist
This will be a true test for Alissa. Has Alissa ever landed a clean SP? I don't recall ever seeing or hearing that she did.

Snowgirl

On the Ice
.Thank you, Russian Federation. :clap: IIRC Alissa majored in Russian and French in college before she switched to mostly online courses. I wonder if this is her first trip to that country.

No, it isn't, she was at CoR back in 2006. 4 falls in FS - that was painful to watch!
Hope she will do better this year.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I am keeping my fingers crossed that Alissa's jump problems are starting to be a thing of the past and she medals here. I feel that if she can be consistent she has the technical and artistic talent for a shot at the World Team and maybe even a chance for the US to medal at Vancouver. Wishful thinking but possible.

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
^^
I'd say Wagner. She's so lovely and so consistent. I think Czisny's consistency is the biggest factor. If she always skated like she did in Skate Canada though, It'd be great to have her on the World team!

fiercemao

Match Penalty
I don't see much improvement in Alissa's jumps. Sure she has fallen much less, but all of her jumps are borderline underrotated. Her fate is entirely resting upon the mercy of technical controller.

goldenpleasures

On the Ice
I feel that if she can be consistent she has the technical and artistic talent for a shot at the World Team and maybe even a chance for the US to medal at Vancouver. Wishful thinking but possible.

I like Alissa -she is my favorite of our ladies, and am pleased to see her perform some relatively clean programs, but if she wins an Olympic medal I'll eat my hat.