All That Skate and Stars on Ice (Japan) | Page 5 | Golden Skate

All That Skate and Stars on Ice (Japan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I agree. :)
And I hope some people stop regarding some over-enthusiastic Yuna fans as all the Yuna fans and Koreans. We aren't all like that and I say I'm very ashamed of those people.
Also, since Korea never had any top-class figure skaters before Yuna, it is only natural that Korea doesn't have many figure skating fans, nor do their knowledge on figure skating is great. So if some of you are annoyed that Koreans only tend to know/like Yuna, I hope you guys can understand those points. It's not only about the nationalism being too great in Korea you know.(It's been only like two years for me since I began to know figure skating well too) I sincerely hope more Koreans like figure skating in general, not only Yuna, and that environment for figure skating can be improved.
Anyway I hope everyone here can be rational and not insist things on false rumors or sneer other skaters/fans because of their country.
Thank you for your kind words. Even though I am not a fan of female skaters (I prefer watching male skaters, so I am kinda natural when it comes to the ladies field), I still think Yuna is one of the best ladies skaters we have ever had. She is no doubt, a beautiful skater with a nerve of steel and it's understandable that her fans want to show ardent love toward such a classy ladies.

However great Yuna is, this sport is not just about one skater. We also have lots of other talents, who might never obtain such great achievement as Yuna did, but themselves possess different charms from Yuna which we also value. For example, Sasha Cohen has charming spins and beautiful lines, and some people love her over other skaters for that.
To put it simple, it's like some people love rose, but other people love jasmine. :)

Fans should be encouraged to love and support their favourite skater. I just oppose the idea of bashing other skaters. :)

Jewels

On the Ice
For the queen you say "she can make mistakes, can's she!? she looks like goddess but she is human!! you are so narrow minded to accuse her SMALL mistakes!!"and what are you doing to Sotnikva, Gold, Asada or others? You attack them like beasts to look the queen good.

You obviously haven't read my post above. I've never made those statements, so you should stop generalizing every Yuna fans as irrational fans. Also I've seen bunch of other fans comparing a skater to other skaters in this forum, so don't try to make it up like it's only Yuna fans that are judging other skaters. Also stop saying 'the queen' it's so irritating-isn't that name-calling? If you want to criticize the irrational fans, why don't you be rational first?

Antilopa

On the Ice
Can we stop this thread already?
Yuna is a wonderful skater, no one denies that. But some of her ardent fans are not lovely at all. And some of her anti-fans are tedious as well. I wish we could avoid another thread Japan vs Korea because the whole thing is stupid.

These skaters are just doing their job. If they do not perform in the show then where the money come from? They give us their best performance and that's what count.

I strongly against any kind of uber nationalists in figure skating. If you come to this forum just to boast about how wonderful you think your idol is and how you think your idol is the best in the world, I guess you go to the wrong place.

Figure skating in general, has lots of different type of attractions. Lots of people were drawn to this sport because of different reasons. Not all of them just want to see Yuna Kim for the rest of their lives, not all just want to see beautiful blondie like Gracie Gold cosplaying Elsa either.

People have different tastes, respect them for that please. Don't bash other skaters or creat unreasonable lies about your idol. You can't force people to have same taste and ardent love for you idol.

Instead of bashing things you don't like, support things you like. But remember, things you like might not be the best of the world in other people's eyes.
very reasonable words, thanks. I apologize for my sarcasm, but I was strongly offended by "filling Yuna's break time". As well as I feel myself hurt when Yuna's fans insult Adelina, she's one of my favourite skaters.

Jewels

On the Ice
Thank you for your kind words. Even though I am not a fan of female skaters (I prefer watching male skaters, so I am kinda natural when it comes to the ladies field), I still think Yuna is one of the best ladies skaters we have ever had. She is no doubt, a beautiful skater with a nerve of steel and it's understandable that her fans want to show ardent love toward such a classy ladies.

However great Yuna is, this sport is not just about one skater. We also have lots of other talents, who might never obtain such great achievement as Yuna did, but themselves possess different charms from Yuna which we also value. For example, Sasha Cohen has charming spins and beautiful lines, and some people love her over other skaters for that.
To put it simple, it's like some people love rose, but other people love jasmine. :)

Fans should be encouraged to love and support their favourite skater. I just oppose the idea of bashing other skaters. :)

Yes, absolutely :yes: Every skater has different aspects and they all should be respected :)

Antilopa

On the Ice
Also stop saying 'the queen' it's so irritating-isn't that name-calling?
I see you're very sensitive person. Then you should understand that "sotnikova" or even "putinnikova" instead of Adelina, Adelina Sotnikova or let Sotnikova is irritating even more.

Jewels

On the Ice
I see you're very sensitive person. Then you should understand that "sotnikova" or even "putinnikova" instead of Adelina, Adelina Sotnikova or let Sotnikova is irritating even more.

I would never call Adelina putinnikova, and why do you think calling her Sotnikova is irritating? Although I have disagreed about Sochi results, I've never made personal attacks. So you're justifying calling Yuna 'the queen', which is obviously filled with sneer and sarcasms, since you've seen someone calling Adelina putinnikova? I've said it's a shame that some of the Yuna fans are making personal attacks, it's not like I'm saying only Yuna fans are right and Adelina fans aren't. Once again, I hate all those who are cyber-bullying Adelina, whom I wouldn't call Yuna fans-they are making Yuna/her fans look bad, then how are they fans really?

Anyway I've read the other posts in this thread, and I can't understand why this was created in the first place. What has All That Skate anything to do with Stars on Ice? The things between IMG and Yuna have ended a long time ago, like 7 years, we don't exactly know what was going on between them, everyone should just drop it.

Rubirosa

Match Penalty
the contract ended.

they decided not to renew it.

img korea cried because they knew that yuna was going to be big.

period.
Are you Yuna's lawyer? IMG's lawyer? :laugh: How do you know the things you are writing about? Why don't you quit trolling spreading lies and give us the link to the actual contract? Or to the reliable sober article, not some pissed off fans' whining rants? Any? None? I thought though. :biggrin:

IMG has been in business for years. They have Japanese skaters who skate in other agents' shows. They have Daisuke who broke up with them, found another agent and gets always invited to IMG's Stars on Ice. I never heard anyone badmouthing about IMG or IMG about skaters. Yuna is the only one who does. Yes, it creates negative image of her as business risk. No one would want to deal with such client. :disapp:

Rubirosa

Match Penalty
It doesn't work this way. It's not a flower shop, not a restaurant, not a theatre. It's sport where somebody is #1, #2, #3, etc. When the community has to deal with Yuna fandom's axiom "Yuna is always #1", all others are always worse, the reaction follows. They provoke it. That is what entertains me the most- the more they write how perfect she is and how bad all others compared to Yuna are, the more people will reply that it's not true. They, her fans, create the situations when Yuna gets critisized. It's unbelievable how somebody can be so stupid.

cooper

Medalist
Are you Yuna's lawyer? IMG's lawyer? :laugh: How do you know the things you are writing about? Why don't you quit trolling spreading lies and give us the link to the actual contract? Or to the reliable sober article, not some pissed off fans' whining rants? Any? None? I thought though. :biggrin:

IMG has been in business for years. They have Japanese skaters who skate in other agents' shows. They have Daisuke who broke up with them, found another agent and gets always invited to IMG's Stars on Ice. I never heard anyone badmouthing about IMG or IMG about skaters. Yuna is the only one who does. Yes, it creates negative image of her as business risk. No one would want to deal with such client. :disapp:

geezz..because you insisted i will give this a try..

i'm not a lawyer of yuna nor a crazy nationalist making insults with other posters around this forum nor i making lies unlike you and your crazy anti-korean bashing.. first and foremost i based my opinion through the facts in 2007 from the articles in the news in korea posted here and other forum... second THE KOREAN COURT based their decision through CIVIL KOREAN LAW.. they said that yuna's contract had expired from img korea through "exclusionary rule" which img korea as one of the parties.. all parties involved made that contract.. and there was no violation whatsoever...in short IT WAS LEGAL.. and I DID NOT MAKE that up nor the fans of yuna.. it is the decision of the korean court way back..

and lastly.. img has a lot of branches.. we're not talking about img as a whole here.. so quit your generalization especially that you have no idea what happened..

You people writing such things all over the Edge... and that picture of your account... makes chill skitter on my bones...

see the word "sarcasm" my dear... maybe you need to chill.. :laugh:

seabm7

Final Flight

The other poster has been talking about IMG Korea. You have mentioned IMG Japan. They are two separate entities. My understanding is each local IMG company runs independently. Please let's not mix them. Also that particular incident with Yuna Kim happened 7 years ago, when in Korea nobody had any experience in the management of figure skaters. Anyway it is an old story, so I don't think it is worth to go back to that one.

I heard that IMG Japan was established more than 40 years ago. They should be very experienced in the management roles and know how to handle difficult situations (or know how to avoid difficult situations). I am glad to hear that Daisuke maintains a good relation with IMG Japan. I am fond of his skating style, and hope he would be recovered fully from his injury and show his powerful programs soon.

pec0

Match Penalty
Also stop saying 'the queen' it's so irritating-isn't that name-calling? If you want to criticize the irrational fans, why don't you be rational first?

Korean people call her Queen Yu Na. I tried to please you.:)

Rubirosa

Match Penalty
i'm not a lawyer of yuna nor a crazy nationalist making insults with other posters around this forum nor i making lies unlike you and your crazy anti-korean bashing..
Yes, you are. This very post of yours is extra examples of lies, insults and personal attacks on the posters who dont worship Yuna. Dont worry, I got used to this lame game. I know, the word "insult" doesnt apply to Yuna fans. The right to insult others are granted to them. Its not insult. Its off-topic remarks. :laugh:
first and foremost i based my opinion through the facts in 2007 from the articles in the news in korea posted here and other forum... second THE KOREAN COURT based their decision through CIVIL KOREAN LAW.. they said that yuna's contract had expired from img korea through "exclusionary rule" which img korea as one of the parties.. all parties involved made that contract.. and there was no violation whatsoever...in short IT WAS LEGAL.. and I DID NOT MAKE that up nor the fans of yuna.. it is the decision of the korean court way back..
So, in short you dont have any source? The overuse of capslocks looks defensive and weak. It adds up to the fact that you didnt bring any proven facts or evidence to back up your claims. But even if your saying is correct, it only consists to the non-designer of IMG to deal with Yuna.
You have mentioned IMG Japan. They are two separate entities. My understanding is each local IMG company runs independently. Please let's not mix them.
I dont. Read the title of the thread and the whole discussion- Stars On ice, Japan. It was about why Yuna doesnt get invited to SOI in Japan.

seabm7

Final Flight
I dont. Read the title of the thread and the whole discussion- Stars On ice, Japan. It was about why Yuna doesnt get invited to SOI in Japan.

Here is the original article which started the thread.

What are your thoughts about these ice shows in terms of their popularity
I was quite surprised to see that some of Yuna's close friends like Patrick Chan and as well as old colleague like Carolina Kostner who participated in Yuna's ice show before will be in Japan.
Is Stars on Ice is an international ice show that travels or is it Mao's show.

I was just surprised how to see some of the casts (not that familiar) in Yuna's as well as Stars on Ice (lots of familiar faces).

I wonder if people were offered jobs but they had to choose one or the other, or simply others weren't invited. Any inputs would be appreciated.

In my opinion, the questions by the original poster got answered by several replies at the beginning. Then the thread got turned into a different direction. I am worried about what is being discussed now, because I do not feel that would be helpful in promoting goodwill between skating fans. Also it does not add any new knowledge to already known.

cooper

Medalist
Yes, you are. This very post of yours is extra examples of lies, insults and personal attacks on the posters who dont worship Yuna. Dont worry, I got used to this lame game. I know, the word "insult" doesnt apply to Yuna fans. The right to insult others are granted to them. Its not insult. Its off-topic remarks. :laugh:

So, in short you dont have any source? The overuse of capslocks looks defensive and weak. It adds up to the fact that you didnt bring any proven facts or evidence to back up your claims. But even if your saying is correct, it only consists to the non-designer of IMG to deal with Yuna.

i don't go to every thread of other skaters and bashed them unlike you.. who is obsessed w/ yuna..:p

my goodness.. why do you keep insisting for a source when this has been in the news..in korea.. :rolleye: it was all over the news back then.. it came from the korean court itself.. the decision was based on the korean civil law..that there was no violation whatsoever.. it was not invented nor created by a fan.. it came from the decision from the court and img korea didn't win the case..they even appealed but once again the korean court dismissed the case and the court said that the contract was expired because of the "exclusionary rule" within the contract..in other words yuna won that case..not my decision.. not yuna's fans decision.. but the korean court's decision within their own law.. period.

Rubirosa

Match Penalty
Then the thread got turned into a different direction. I am worried about what is being discussed now, because I do not feel that would be helpful in promoting goodwill between skating fans.
When a Yuna fan comes and says that other skaters get invited to her show just to feel her breaks, and that Koreans don't want to see anyone except Yuna and surely not the current OC, what outcomes can you expect.
i don't go to every thread of other skaters and bashed them unlike you..
I know, know. Yuna fans don't insult, they give off-topic remarks. They don't bash other skaters, they critisize. :laugh:
You are ranting in circles. Say something new.
what source are you talking about????? my goodness. it was all over the news in korea back then.. it came from the korean court itself.. the decision was based on the korean civil law..that there was no violation whatsoever.. it was not invented nor created by a fan.. it came from the decision from the court and img korea didn't win the case..they even appealed but once again the korean court dismissed the case and the court said that the contract was expired because of the "exclusionary rule" within the contract.. period.
You are getting nervous. Why so many "?????"? If it was all over the news, how comes that you keep failing to provide any source, none whatsoever? Again, I said already, even if your saying is correct, it only adds up to IMG's non-designer to deal with Yuna. So, what's the problem? :p

seabm7

Final Flight
When a Yuna fan comes and says that other skaters get invited to her show just to feel her breaks, and that Koreans don't want to see anyone except Yuna and surely not the current OC, what outcomes can you expect.

I started to worry even from that post, because that statement was provocative. But I was not following this tread all the time, so when I found about it, already a series of debate went on.

cooper

Medalist
I know, know. Yuna fans don't insult, they give off-topic remarks. They don't bash other skaters, they critisize. :laugh:
You are ranting in circles. Say something new.
You are getting nervous. Why so many "?????"? If it was all over the news, how comes that you keep failing to provide any source, none whatsoever? Again, I said already, even if your saying is correct, it only adds up to IMG's non-designer to deal with Yuna. So, what's the problem? :p

http://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2009/04/08/2009040801844.html

it stated there that img korea appealed the case but the court dismissed the decision..

MiRé

Match Penalty
I'm so baffled by some posters on here who try to make themselves look fair and innocent, but in reality, they're just trying to belittle and make sly and nasty comments on X skater, or even a whole country itself. Time to ignore those idiots!

chalk5

Match Penalty
Sorry to stir so much drama again with this thread, but I got what I needed. But, I'm so glad Alexei Yogundi is perfoming at ALL THAT SKATE!

I'm hoping for a duet with Yuna, or will that be weird?

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Now that you mentioned Yagudin, did he ever do a show in Japan? I know Plushenko did....

Status
Not open for further replies.